Business Development Associate
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Company: MercerJob ID R_080743-en Apply
Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Mercer's 20,000+ employees are based in more than 40 countries.
We are hiring for a Business Development Associate role to be based in Istanbul. The role is to support the Sales and Growth initiatives of Mercer in Turkey. Working with the Turkey Head of Business Development, Country Business Leaders and the other members of the Country Leadership Team, the Business Development associate will focus on driving sales, revenue retention, and growing Mercer’s revenue and footprint in the identified territory.
This role will require all aspects of prospect development from pre-sale through close to be managed. This includes developing referral sources, identifying new clients that match the business client profile, and ensuring a consistent flow of new revenue for the practice.
This position reports to the Head of Business Development, Turkey and will be at the forefront of our growth initiatives in the local marketplace.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Support building a strong and credible multiple-horizon pipeline and achieve assigned growth targets by :
- Driving broad-based needs analysis within target organizations across the solution spectrum to identify potential opportunities for Mercer solution.
- Executing a multi-faceted sales plan such as direct prospecting, follow-up, direct marketing campaign optimization, etc. to effectively make direct contact with prospects.
- Up-selling and cross-selling to improve expansion rate(s).
- Driving localization and sales of strategic products and solutions.
- Supports the creation of sales proposals and presentations and works with the referral source partner to coordinate the delivery of these presentations to prospects.
- Ensures that up-to-date prospective client information is maintained in the database.
- Ensures that all regulatory requirements are met and complies with all internal policies and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills:
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Has a strong track record as B2B quota-bearing business to business individual sales contributor and a demonstrable track record in relevant industries (Professional services industries such as Insurance, Brokerage, Wealth Management, HR Consulting or Technology)
- Strong personal presence and self-confidence, capable of working effectively with the executive team as well as down through all levels
- Expert listening and needs analysis/diagnosis skills
- Is a self-starter with proven ability to drive results while working under tight deadlines
- Is a collaborator (strong collaboration with peers, colleagues and members of the Country Leadership Team)
- Has self-motivation, energy, ‘hunger’, perseverance and ‘drive’ to succeed
- Must possess excellent business acumen and extremely strong collaboration, influencing and negotiating skills
- Broad understanding of structuring issues, including the economic vs. accounting impact and the financial, legal and tax consequences of transactions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Fluent in English