Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Company: MarshJob ID R_078134-en Apply
About the role
Marsh Indonesia is seeking potential candidates to join the team our Business Development team in our Jakarta office. Reporting to Director, Business Development, you will be responsible for initiating and developing new clients and ensuring a consistent flow of new revenues to the company, to meet with sales goal & company strategic growth plans.
- Researches, identifies & actively pursues prospects that may meet Marsh’s ideal client profile.
- Effectively uses a variety of communication channels and methods to initiate contact with qualified prospects.
- Identifies key decision makers, clients or prospects risks needs and determines the services, products, & combinations that will best serve & address the client/prospect’s issues & objectives.
- Interfacing and liaise with various local or regional teams to utilise appropriate resources for major prospects, as well as develop pricing strategy.
- Meets prospects needs by offering innovative solutions, resolving difficult risk issues, providing customer support and introducing Marsh Resources as appropriate.
- Ensuring that own sales activity is accurately maintained on the prospecting database
- Preparation the capability reports & presentations for Request for Proposals, tenders for new and renewal business from prospective clients.
- Facilitates the sales team to develop presentations and proposals by providing input regarding style and content of presentations.
- Develops and maintains an active presence in the local insurance and general business community
- Transitions new accounts to the client team seamlessly.
- Good communicator & interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates sales aptitude and ability to build and maintain relationships
- Confidence to engage and speak with C-level executives
- Ability to manage a process
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritise & multi-task
- Ability to form and lead project teams
- Understanding of key sales principles, ultimately able to translate interest to desire
- Strong negotiator & influencer
- Good administrative & organisational skills
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in any field
- 5 years minimum work experience in a sales focused role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint
- Salesforec.com experience / competence would be advantageous
- Experience in financial services industry would be advantageous
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. Marsh helps clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. Marsh’s approximately 30,000 colleagues work together to serve clients in more than 130 countries. Marsh is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and people.
Marsh is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.