MMA-SE Region Intern
Location: Johns Creek, Georgia, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_049228-en Apply
J. Smith Lanier & Co., a Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC company
Intern - Johns Creek
The JSL/MMA internship program is a paid position that works through a structured program. Interns have the opportunity to work under the direction of a mentor to gain a comprehensive overview of the employee benefits, risk management, insurance and environmental management industries in such areas as:
- JSL/MMA SE Region’s divisions and services including employee benefits, captive programs, self-insured funds, risk services, consultative claims, surety, and property and casualty insurance.
- Essentials of the sales and delivery process from researching and prospecting new business to proposal development and submission to the carrier markets.
- Account management responsibilities within an insurance brokerage.
- Qualities of a consultative brokerage including establishing rapport, uncovering customer needs, creating customized solutions, overcoming objectives, obtaining referrals and managing leads.
- JSL/MMA SE Region operations processes.
- Effective oral and written communication and relationship building skills essential.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills.
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate resourcefulness
- Current rising seniors are preferred and must be majoring or interested in risk management, insurance, finance, economics, management and/or business administration.
- JSL/MMA SE Region looks for strong team players who display resourcefulness to find solutions for our clients and our agency.
- Students selected for this program must have a personal commitment to develop insurance knowledge and risk management skills.
- Interns should have their own housing near the office location where they will be working.
- Some travel may be required.