Application Developer II
Location: Kalispell, Montana, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_060503-en Apply
Applications Developer II – Torrent Technologies
Location: Preferred - Kalispell, Montana – Remote Possible
We are Torrent Technologies founded in 2005 with the mission of providing top tier services to the flood insurance industry. Torrent is a company of Marsh Inc. and is widely recognized as having the most advanced and unique suite of cloud-based technology solutions including real-time, paperless claims handling and web-based pricing tools. Torrent’s continued growth and success is attributed to its innovative use of technology and industry expertise to provide clients with efficient SaaS systems and exceptional customer service. For more information, visit our website: www.torrentcorp.com
You will be responsible for developing complex custom solutions to support and enhance Marsh insurance solution software.
As our Applications Developer, you will implement business logic from regularly changing business requirements using an Agile methodology.
Your responsibilities will be, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for complex application development using Microsoft software technologies
- Active participation in technical design and review
- Write complex software programs according to requirements defined by the Product Owner
- Create unit test cases, participating with systems tests as needed
- Integrate technical components into an existing web application
- Work closely with Quality Assurance Analysts to ensure code quality
- Work with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops solutions to resolve the
- Resolve customer issues with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
- Manage the Agile sprint development process, using daily scrum tactics and short delivery cycles
- Perform under minimal supervision and peer accountability on complex assignments
- Innovate design and development solutions to various and shifting requirements defined by external entities
- Accurately estimate work efforts and requirements
- Create and maintain design documents as a part of software delivery lifecycle process
- Enforce coding standards and participates in peer code reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent is desired
- 3-5 years related experience.
- Must understand the Agile software development methodology or can be trained in this methodology.
- Must be able to perform at various levels of n-tier architecture using object oriented concepts
- Strong system analysis and debugging skills
- Microsoft Technologies : ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, C#, MVC/MVVM, Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio
- Database Technologies: SQL, MS SQL Server, Relational Databases
- Others: Web Services, SOAP, SAML, nUnit, etc.
Torrent Technologies was founded in 2005 with the mission of providing top tier services to the flood insurance industry. Torrent is a company of Marsh Inc. and is widely recognized as having the most advanced and unique suite of cloud-based technology solutions including real-time, paperless claims handling and web-based pricing tools. Torrent’s continued growth and success is attributed to its innovative use of technology and industry expertise to provide clients with efficient SaaS systems and exceptional customer service. For more information, visit our website: www.torrentcorp.com
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).