Application Developer III
Location: Kalispell, Montana, United States
Secondary Locations: Overland Park,Kansas,United States;
Company: MarshJob ID R_060454-en Apply
The Application Developer III is responsible for developing complex custom solutions to support and enhance Marsh insurance solution software. They are required to have extensive knowledge on Industry standards and patterns in a Microsoft development environment. Application Developer III is required to implement business logic from regularly changing business requirements using an Agile methodology.
- Responsible for complex application development using Microsoft software technologies Active participation in technical design and review.
- Writes complex software programs according to requirements defined by the Product Owner Creates unit test cases, participating with systems tests as needed.
- Integrates technical components into an existing web application
- Works closely with Quality Assurance Analysts to ensure code quality.
- Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops solutions to resolve them.
- Resolves customer issues with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. Strong system analysis and debugging skills.
- Manage the Agile sprint development process, using daily scrum tactics and short delivery cycles.
- Perform under minimal supervision and peer accountability on complex assignments Innovate design and development solutions to various and shifting requirements defined by external entities
- Accurately estimate work efforts and requirements
- Create and maintain design documents as a part of software delivery lifecycle process
- Enforce coding standards and participates in peer code reviews.
- 3-5 years related experience. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent is desired. Must understand the Agile software development methodology or can be trained in this methodology. Must be able to perform at various levels of n-tier architecture using object oriented concepts.
Pool of skills include:
- Microsoft Technologies : ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, C#, MVC/MVVM, Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio
- Database Technologies: SQL, MS SQL Server, Relational Databases
- Others: Web Services, SOAP, SAML, nUnit, etc.
Torrent Technologies was founded in 2005 with the mission of providing top tier services to the flood insurance industry. Torrent is widely recognized as having the most advanced and unique suite of cloud-based technology solutions that interface with WYO insurers and the NFIP, including real-time, paperless claims handling and web-based pricing tools. Torrent’s continued growth and success is attributed to its innovative use of technology and industry expertise to provide clients with efficient SaaS systems and exceptional customer service.
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers
For more information, visit our website: www.torrentcorp.com