DevOps Developer - Torrent
Location: Kalispell, Montana, United States
Secondary Locations: Kansas City,Missouri,United States;
Company: MarshJob ID R_060676-en Apply
DevOps Developer - Torrent Technologies
Location: Kalispell, Montana
We are Torrent Technologies founded in 2005 with the mission of providing top tier services to the flood insurance industry. Torrent is a company of Marsh Inc. and is widely recognized as having the most advanced and unique suite of cloud-based technology solutions including real-time, paperless claims handling and web-based pricing tools. Torrent’s continued growth and success is attributed to its innovative use of technology and industry expertise to provide clients with efficient SaaS systems and exceptional customer service. For more information, visit our website: www.torrentcorp.com
We have an opportunity to join the team as a Senior DevOps Developer. We are looking for a driven and experienced software developer with a solid understanding of software design, and a passion for solving difficult problems in complex multi-component systems. Must thrive in a team-oriented environment where collaboration between developers, across teams and between partner companies is common.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and support Torrent Framework and related technologies.
- Liaise with several internal project teams, business analysts, product owners, scrum-masters, developers, testers and architects to ensure that the proposed solution is mapped to business outcomes.
- Be a point of contact for general, technical, Authentication questions.
- Assist with the design of application solutions incorporating Torrent framework.
- Designs will ensure that solutions are modelled logically, consistently and intuitively, ensuring that they perform optimally within agreed tolerances.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of infrastructure, best practices, and technical solutions
- Work and continuously improve the DevOps pipeline to provide active management of the continuous integration/continuous deployment processes through Microsoft TFS
- Work in authentication services including: OAuth, SAML, Identity Federation
- Provides technical support to clients on existing problems escalated as appropriate.
- Developing Web Services to support the Torrent platform, works with teams to develop project plans and communicates software development plans.
- Reviews code written by other programmers.
- Collaborates with external client IT staff, providing technical guidance, solution implementation, and project shepherding.
- Automates manual tasks where ever possible
- Support and Implement application build/deployment throughout the life cycle of SDLC Application of standard DevOps principles, theories, concepts, and techniques. Prototype new tools & technologies based on organizational strategy
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related field and/or 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience in Cloud DevOps or combined Cloud software development is a plus.
- Deep experience in Microsoft Technology stack, C# and SQL Server experience is a must
- Web Services, SOAP, JSON
- Experience in Identity Federation/SSO related development, implementation, and or support is a plus
- Deep understanding of IIS
- Familiarity with various SDLC methodologies including Agile Scrum is a plus
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment methodologies and tooling preferred
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timelines and without direct supervision
- Organized and methodical
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to interpret business conversations and translate into technical requirements
Torrent Technologies was founded in 2005 with the mission of providing top tier services to the flood insurance industry. Torrent is a company of Marsh Inc. and is widely recognized as having the most advanced and unique suite of cloud-based technology solutions including real-time, paperless claims handling and web-based pricing tools. Torrent’s continued growth and success is attributed to its innovative use of technology and industry expertise to provide clients with efficient SaaS systems and exceptional customer service. For more information, visit our website: www.torrentcorp.com
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).