Project Manager / Business Analyst
Location: Kalispell, Montana, United States
Secondary Locations: Overland Park,Kansas,United States;
Company: MarshJob ID R_060579-en Apply
The position within IT and TorrentFlood business as a whole is pivotal to ensuring that IT projects are delivered as expected and on-time. The Project Management (PM) position will benefit and enhance the skills and value of the IT Product Management team. The Product Management team serves to support IT as a whole, including Torrent and client business needs and requests also.
The individual will assist in developing and managing project plans, timelines, expectations, with a strong focus on business analysis and requirements. In addition, the individual may support and manage general project communication, specifications and documentation output through the Product Management Team.
The PM position requires someone who is solutions minded, detail oriented and is firm yet flexible. This individual works well in communicating and translating information across different teams and audiences and understands that change is inevitable. They must be willing and able to thrive in a dynamic environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Product Management and IT vision and charters – offer support, insight, suggestions and improvement to project and team coordination
- Assist in Creating, Executing and Managing project plans and timelines from design to delivery
- Perform Business Analysis to assist in identifying and developing business cases and requirements for new solutions and expanded functionality on existing applications
- Engage and communicate across varied audiences including stakeholders, clients, delivery teams and upper management during the lifecycle of a given project
- Successfully manage the requirements and scope of the project
- Appropriately manage / escalate project issues or risks
- Manage customer expectations of product and services
- Create and maintain project and specifications documentation as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across both technical, business and client audiences
- Professional, Business and Project Management acumen
- Min. 2 years of professional software project management experience
- Min. 1 year of experience working within Agile or Kanban environments
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Solid understanding of how web applications work and current technologies. You do not need a coding background but you should understand how the pieces fit together
- Experience in MS office programs including MS Project or comparable Project Mgmt applications
Torrent Technologies was founded in 2005 with the mission of providing top tier services to the flood insurance industry. Torrent is widely recognized as having the most advanced and unique suite of cloud-based technology solutions that interface with WYO insurers and the NFIP, including real-time, paperless claims handling and web-based pricing tools. Torrent’s continued growth and success is attributed to its innovative use of technology and industry expertise to provide clients with efficient SaaS systems and exceptional customer service.
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers
For more information, visit our website: www.torrentcorp.com