Senior Underwriter Torrent
Location: Kalispell, Montana, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_061652-en Apply
Senior Underwriter – Torrent
We are Torrent Technologies founded in 2005 with the mission of providing top tier services to the flood insurance industry. Torrent is a company of Marsh Inc. and is widely recognized as having the most advanced and unique suite of cloud-based technology solutions including real-time, paperless claims handling and web-based pricing tools. Torrent’s continued growth and success is attributed to its innovative use of technology and industry expertise to provide clients with efficient SaaS systems and exceptional customer service. For more information, visit our website: www.torrentcorp.com
We have opportunities to join our team as a Senior Underwriter. The Senior Underwriter underwrites complex new policies and renewals following the NFIP program rules and regulations. Additionally provides customer support to WYOs and agents, and supports underwriting escalations. Please read below to learn more about the Senior Underwriter role with Torrent. Learn more at Torrent.com.
Your responsibilities will be, but are not limited to:
• Apply complex National Flood Insurance Program rules and regulations to individual flood insurance policies.
• Consistently apply Standard Operating Procedures to ensure consistent positive performance.
• Demonstrate a proactive approach to identifying and solving complex problems with every customer.
• Consistently show personal ownership of all decisions made and your entire work product.
• Exhibit highly professional standards to include dependability, flexibility, punctuality, confidentiality, trustworthiness and a strong work ethic.
• Respectfully communicate in real-time with external customers using telephone, chat and email.
• Successfully communicate complex technical information to every customer using written and/or verbal communication
• Underwrites complex new policies and renewals following the NFIP program rules and regulations.
• Provides customer support to WYOs and agents, and supports underwriting escalations.
• High school diploma required, College degree preferred
• At least 3 years of Flood insurance underwriting experience
• ANFI Certified
• Strong analytical and judgment skills, excellent problem solving ability.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.