Supervisor, Call Center
Location: King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_042604-en Apply
The Call Center Supervisor leads the Call Center team members to ensure a high-level of customer satisfaction is being met while maintaining the call volume in a timely and professional manner. This individual is responsible for coaching, mentoring and educating their team members to ensure each individual is developed to their fullest potential, while ensuring the calls are meeting the service level agreements and creating a positive experience for the customer. Additionally, this role will work in conjunction with the Call Center management team, including the Quality Control Manager and Trainer, to ensure consistency across all Call Center processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Demonstrate and apply understanding of various roles and responsibilities within the Call Center team, such as but not limited to the Employee Advocate, Trainer and Quality Control functions;
- Oversee daily activities of the Call Center by supporting, following and promoting standardized procedures;
- Represent Trion at a strategic level in client and internal meetings to meet client goals;
- Manage the quality of service provided by:
- Performing quality checks on the Knowledge System;
- Performing quality checks of TIMS (Trion Issues Management System) entries;
- Performing quality checks of call content and resolution;
- Performing quality checks on team deliverables and deadlines.
- Evaluate employee performance by providing coaching and counseling on a consistent basis;
- Ensure all Service Level Agreements are met and maintained while adhering to quality standards;
- Provide guidance to Senior Employee Advocates in resolution of Tier 2 escalations;
- Research complex issues and educate Call Center team members to increase service
- Remain abreast of Health and Welfare or other related regulations and new guidelines;
- Monitor calls and activities within the Trion Interaction Management System (TIMS);
- Manage staffing levels and adherence to schedule;
- Responsible for administration aspect of timesheets, procedures and worker instructions
- Create a motivating environment by supporting and encouraging development, identifying areas of improvement and encouraging growth of Call Center Team;
- Promote positive communication and build cross-functional relationships across the Benefit Administration teams and other departments;
- Perform additional responsibilities and complete other projects as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience in third party benefits administration, supervisory, or client services environment required;
- Minimum of 2 years experience leading others (directly or indirectly) while working collaboratively across departments and client teams;
- Experience with supervisory responsibilities, such as, but not limited to talent selection process, new hire training, employee scheduling management, and performance reviews and goal setting processes preferred;
- Experience working through an open enrollment or annual renewal benefits cycle preferred;
- Experience within a Health and Welfare consulting, benefits brokerage, human resources consulting, health care, or employee benefits related industry is highly preferred;
- Related exposure to Benefits Administration, COBRA, Spending Accounts, HRIS, and/or Payroll environments is highly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects of various complexity simultaneously, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and operate in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work a flexible shift
- Excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong project management, project planning and workflow management skills;
- Skills in coaching, mentoring, teambuilding and motivating others;
- Proven ability to build rapport while providing superior customer service and maintaining positive relationships with internal teams, direct reports and client contacts
- Ability to effectively lead team environments that rely heavily on independent contributions and collaboration;
- Ability to build and maintain a positive team environment;
- Ability to establish and cultivate positive relationships with direct reports, and other support areas of the organization, such as Human Resources, Compliance, Account Management;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational, analytical skills and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to follow through and successfully execute tasks while adhering to quality standards;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Access, Project, and Outlook.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
- accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Frequently required to sit; speak or hear; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and reach with hands and arms;
- Occasionally required to stand and walk;
- Extensive use of computer and keyboard and viewing of computer screen is required;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Other working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work is typically performed either on site at Trion’s King of Prussia, PA office, or at various customer/Trion locations as required.