Accountant - General Ledger
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Malaysia
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_069112-en Apply
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
If you’re a driven and passionate individual who has a strong interest to work for a diverse company and fun team, then we want YOU!
As a Accountant - General Ledger , you will cover the end-to-end General Ledger process. Other duties may be performed in various groups within controllership including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and treasury.
To be more specific, we have written down the core responsibilities:
- May prepare review and/or approve journal entries, money moves, administrative system accounting reports and/or consolidated statements.
- Analyzes and maintains the general ledger accounts and/or client insured records.
- May prepare and analyze revenue and/or expense reports; coordinates revenue and expense accruals and ensures timely and accurate monthly and quarterly close.
- Performs variation and trend analysis for key general ledger accounts, including variances to forecast, budget and prior year.
- May apply and balance funds to insured records; may process refunds to insured records; may request payments for carriers and third parties including variances to forecast, budget and prior year.
- May prepare higher level of reconciliations between administrative systems and other sources. Findings may be presented to senior manager.
- Verifies work of and provides guidance to less experienced levels of accountants. Position may provide functional advice or training to less-experienced accountant positions.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies, carrier agreements, SOX procedures, SSAE16 procedures tax regulations, local GAAP and US GAAP and local statutory regulations (as applicable) regarding financial matters.
- May assist in the development and implementation of internal accounting policies, transitions to and from teams both onshore and offshore, procedures and process improvements for general accounting functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires 4 year university degree in accounting and finance
- At least 4 years of Experience in a similar role with at least one year of supervisory experience, preferably
- Advanced knowledge/skill with Microsoft Excel including charts, formulas and pivot tables.
- Strong communication/organization/multi-tasking skills.
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials or other similar enterprise systems.
- Qualified Accountant (CPA) or MBA a plus.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.