General Ledger Accountant
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Malaysia
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_067176-en Apply
If you are looking out for a dynamic and diverse work environment, then we want you!
We can promise you extraordinary challenges, extraordinary colleagues, and the opportunity to make a difference.
As a General Ledger Accountant, you will cover the end-to-end GL process. Other duties may be performed in various groups within controllership including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and treasury.
- Prepares, reviews and/or approves moderately complex journal entries and consolidated statements and/or client account reconciliations
- Analyses and maintains the general ledger accounts
- Researches accounting policy or reporting issues and prepares position paper/policy on the related subject
- Prepares financial statements and disclosures and reconciles to appropriate support information
- Prepares and analyzes revenue and/or expense reports; coordinates revenue and expense accruals and ensures timely and accurate monthly and quarterly close
- Performs variation and trend analysis for key general ledger accounts carriers, clients, administrative systems, financial statement line items, and related disclosures, including Management's discussion and analysis. Findings may be presented to senior management
- Reviews internal processes and procedures and provides recommendations to management for improvement
- Assists and leads implementation of process changes and projects
- Verifies work of and provides guidance to less experienced levels of accountants
- Position may provide functional advice or training to less-experienced accountant positions
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies, carrier agreements, SOX procedures, SSAE16 procedures tax regulations, local GAAP and US GAAP and local statutory regulations (as applicable) regarding financial matters
- Prepares ad hoc analyses as assigned
- A Degree in Finance or Accounting field
- 4-8 years of accounting experience with key focus on general ledger transaction
- Independent and proactive personality
- Able to lead a small team
- Good communication skills
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global