Pensions Administration Team Manager
Location: Leatherhead, United Kingdom
Company: MercerJob ID R_071914-en Apply
We are recruiting a Pensions Administration Team Manager to join our Leatherhead team and proactively manage a team of staff engaged in a variety of tasks related to the administration of Final Salary and Defined Contribution Schemes.
The Team Manager role is pivotal in providing an effective and consistent service to clients.
As the 'engine room' of our business it is vitally important that a Team Manager can maintain:
- A clear understanding of client profitability and expected service
- An effective and well trained group of Senior Administrators and Administrators
- A buoyant and healthy level of team morale
- To deliver service in a customer focused and conscientious manner and ensuring customers are treated fairly at all times.
As a Team Manager you will be involved in:
- Delivering work within specified timescales agreed in the service contract or with the Senior Manager as appropriate.
- Ensuring the team complies with internal procedures, all aspects of pensions legislation and adhere to service and quality standards.
- Managing and distributing work to the team and ensure the accurate and efficient throughput of work and dealing with issues that impact team performance.
- Liaising with other Team Managers onshore and offshore as needed to ensure service issues are managed and resolved.
- Managing the effective development and training of all team members
To be successful in the role we expect applicants to have:
- Strong working knowledge and experience of pensions administration and pensions legislation and Regulation
- Previous experience managing/team leading teams
- Basic PMI qualifications as a minimum and ideally working towards APMI
- Strong knowledge on Microsoft Office suite esp. Word, Excel and PowerPoint
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 115 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer.
For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today.
Marsh & McLennan Companies & its affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital and civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs