Technical Pensions Manager
Location: Leatherhead, United Kingdom
Company: MercerJob ID R_057840-en Apply
We are currently looking for a Technical Pensions Manager to work closely with colleagues to identify gaps in technical knowledge, identify remedial action and implement plans to address these gaps.
You will be expected to have a clear strategy for continuous improvement, evidenced by excellence in qualitative KPIs as well as in depth knowledge of pensions Regulations and Legislation.
- To manage administrative and case management issues as well as data processing activities on a daily basis
- Monitor project schedules to ensure timelines and deliverables are met; notify project manager or client if timelines are in jeopardy
- Test and analyse system configuration against requirement documents during implementation and administration
- Manage client data using variety of technical tools and resources
- Manage client requests and processes
- Provides mentorship, training and oversight for junior employees on the team
- Conducts performance appraisals, monitors staff functions, monitors workload and projects of team members to ensure projects are aligned by resources, capacity and skills required
- Ensure that their function complies with all aspects of pension legislation in accordance with guidance issued by Operations Solutions
- Ensure that improvements are sought from all team members in how to drive best practice. Will also be responsible for keeping a log of all suggestions raised. Subsequently responsible for onward discussions with Operations Solutions with regards to implementing the worthy suggestions
- Arrange for technical office audits to determine if processes are being followed in the correct manner
- Analyse results of technical audits and implement plan to improve areas which have failed on the audit. Should also ensure that all locations learn from every audit regardless of where that audit took place
- Implement a framework in conjunction with the Quality and Controls team to audit cases which have been completed during the month
- Analyse results of the audits in comparison with the complaints database to identify an trends which need to be rectified trough process improvement or training
- Analyse the results of the technical assessments ensuring that all team managers are appropriately managing their staff based on the results. Will also need to develop training and support in areas of weakness identified in those results
- Must have Demonstrable Pensions/financial services experience
- In-depth knowledge of Pensions Regulations/Legislation
- Excellent demonstrable technical knowledge and expertise in functional area/relevant field
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent Excel, Word and Outlook skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer.
For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today.