Location: Leawood, Kansas, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_060611-en Apply
Job Summary: This position contributes to the financial stability of the Agency by producing accurate and timely financial reports and processing receivables.
1. Process customer and company payments and accurately apply funds.
2. Scan all checks to the bank through Remote Deposit, verify for accuracy and approve.
3. Transmit daily ACH payments, verify for accuracy, and approve.
4. Process lockbox receipts, wire transfers and direct e-fund payments.
5. Enter direct bill and reconcile payments.
6. Research payments and credit balances.
7. Run daily accounting reports assigned by manager.
8. Prepare and distribute reports accurately and in a timely manner.
9. Communicate with customers, financial institutions and account managers.
10. Assist ACH customers with their online bank enrollment.
11. Electronically scan documentation into ImageRight.
12. Enter and update tasks into ImageRight.
1. High school diploma and two years of progressive accounting experience. Some college level course work preferred.
2. Demonstrate professional, effective teamwork and cooperation with all members of the staff and customers. Must also be able to work well independently.
3. Flexibility and a customer service orientation are also required. The ability to maintain confidences, exercise good judgment and discretion, communicate well with others with tact and diplomacy, and initiate contact with companies, clients, vendors and finance companies.
4. Initiative and the ability to self-motivate desired.
5. Suggests improvements in processes to increase departmental effectiveness.
6. The individual must have knowledge of general business software such as Microsoft Office and the ability to utilize an automated accounting system, Excel (above average skills preferred) and Word. Must be able to process computer data and to format and generate reports. Microsoft Access experience a plus.
7. The abilities to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment are a must. The ability to analyze, reconcile and solve problems, paired with knowledge of mathematics and general accounting principles are also required.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet