Front Desk Administrator - MMA Leawood, KS
Location: Leawood, Kansas, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_045098-en Apply
Job Summary: This is a team lead position responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the front desk as well as providing internal administrative and technical support for the company. Individuals should be flexible, supportive and demonstrate team work and cooperation towards all members of the company.
1. Guidance and training in regards to all front desk operations and employees, including the overseeing of certificate administration, reception, and Agency mail duties. Back up these positions as needed. Front desk and mail duties to oversee include but are not limited to:
• Greeting of all Agency guests in a professional and courteous manner.
• Answering multi-line telephone system and routing calls appropriately.
• Providing accurate insurance certificates as requested by customers within 30 minutes of receipt.
• Maintaining online certificate database which includes address corrections and deletions and mail corrected certificates to holders.
• Distribute faxes from fax server to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
• Maintenance of daily calendar of those who are out and handling lunch coverage.
• Folding and stuffing certificates and invoices, coding certificates as necessary.
• Keep track of coffee inventory and order as needed.
• Log in all deliveries and contact recipient to pick up from front desk.
• Preparation and maintenance of Front Desk greeting messages using Power Point.
• Monthly coding of renewal folders.
• Processing of incoming and outgoing mail
• Logging of incoming PO Box checks
• The ordering and maintenance of all office supplies for Leawood and Arlington locations.
• The entering of claims into the livestock database
• Management of all Agency birthdays and anniversaries
• Tidy upkeep of communal spaces in office including kitchen, break room, mail/supply room, and conference rooms.
2. Coordinate the coverage of front desk operations at all time, including during Agency events and early/unexpected closings. To include preparation of phone system messages, coordination of the locking of front doors with IT, and the handling of messages.
3. Regularly apprise Supervisor of the performance of front desk employees as well as all front desk operations.
4. The handling of registration and travel associated with all Conventions and industry related Associations attended by Agency producers and executives. Track expenses related to these events, prepare all check requests as needed while adhering to compliance regulations.
5. Provide primary licensing support for the Agency in conjunction with Marsh licensing center, ILE.
6. The coordination and distribution of tickets for all sporting events purchased by Agency.
7. The purchasing, coordination, and distribution of all Agency-purchased tickets to sporting events. To include the ordering of food and handling of suite logistics if/when necessary.
8. The coordination of company car schedules, car rentals, and mileage reports.
9. The monthly processing of Great West loss runs.
10. The ordering of flowers for clients/staff as needed.
11. Providing support as needed, which includes assisting in office social functions and other assigned duties as directed by Agency management.
1. Reading, writing, and mathematical skills that would normally be acquired through the acquisition of a high school diploma. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. 2 years of relevant administrative and supervisory experience preferred.
3. Strong knowledge of general business software such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Power Point.
4. Excellent communication skills necessary to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients, co-workers, and outside vendors using tact and diplomacy. The ideal candidate will be personable, assertive, and willing to think outside the box.
5. Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills as well as acute attention to detail.
6. Strong aptitude for flexibility and multi-tasking with the ability to perform under pressure in a fast paced environment.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet employers.