Insurance Sales Producer - Agribusiness - MMA Leawood, KS
Location: Leawood, Kansas, United States
Secondary Locations: Arlington,Texas,United States;
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_044821-en Apply
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn’t your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) located in Leawood, KS may be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you’ll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement.
Our talented colleagues work hard to make a difference in the moments that matter for our clients, communities and each other. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career.
We are currently looking for an Insurance Sales Producer, who has done consultative selling to mid-market companies. This Sales Producer will primarily sell to clients within the Agribusiness industry.
• Prospects for new customers through referrals, business organizations, cold calling on businesses, and market research.
• Contacts potential customers by telephone, mail, and in person to schedule appointments to discuss insurance needs.
• Identifies customer needs and the appropriate product(s) to meet customer needs
• Develops programs and proposals to meet customer needs. Prepares and gives presentations to customers on products, benefits, and pricing.
• Completes applications and obtains various information to secure insurance quote(s).
• Conducts service calls on existing customers, assists customers with claims processing, and provides answers to questions regarding policy coverage, payment of invoices, or related service issues.
• Ensures that customers are satisfied with products and service through continual customer contact, relationship building, and identification of new or revised products to meet customer needs.
• Communicates regularly with Account Managers and Account Executives to develop proposals and resolve customer issues.
• Provides assistance in the orientation and training of sales trainees by training on products, territories, and sales technique if requested by management.
• Bachelor’s degree; preference given to field of study in Agribusiness or related area.
• At least two years business-to-business sales/business development experience preferred. A solid, successful track record evidencing exceptional levels of sales achievement surpasses all other requirements/qualifications.
• Knowledge of P&C insurance concepts (Property, Liability, Worker’s Compensation, Umbrella, etc.).
• An inclination towards building customer relationships, leadership, and successful management of the business development process.
• The ability to identify customer needs, develop proposals and sell products, along with the ability to develop in-depth knowledge of Agency’s products.
• The ability to obtain a Property and Casualty license required for state of business and fulfill continuing education requirements to retain the license.
• Preference will be given to candidates with the following attributes:
- Knowledge of crop and livestock production agriculture and the industries which service them.
- Knowledge of or previous work experience in wholesale food and beverage distribution.
- Ability to build relationships with decision makers who need risk management services.
- Willingness to get involved in associations which serve the agribusiness industry.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) firmly believes it is the character and commitment of our people that make a difference in the moments that matter. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams. More than just insurance brokers, we believe that a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep employees engaged and productive.
If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering excellent service, we are interested in hearing from you.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet employers.