New Business Sales Team Leader - Jelf
Location: Leeds, United Kingdom
Company: MarshJob ID R_052861-en Apply
Are you interested to work within our sales department within an innovative and forward thinking environment? Do you aspire to work for a global business that provides ongoing support and training towards gaining industry recognised qualifications? Do you have the customer at the heart of operational processes and activities? If you have answered yes to all of the above, then you may be interested to find out more about a new and exciting opportunity we are currently recruiting for, here at Marsh.
We have a fantastic opening in Leeds for which we require the successful candidate to effectively lead and maximise the performance of a team of Insurance Specialists, supporting the business to deliver against operational plans and business objectives. This role will have direct reports.
You will also provide effective feedback, coaching, training and support, to ensure continuous development of team to ensure achievement of all targets, KPI’s, quality and compliance measures within team by using, interpreting and developing MI.
We are looking for individuals that will challenge the accepted ways of doing things and actively drive business improvement within and outside team. Provide solutions to complex queries and work collaboratively across department, sharing best practise and driving improvement
- To clearly communicate team and individual targets, monitoring and resolving performance issues to ensure all targets are met.
- To motivate, coach, support and develop team members through daily meetings, monthly 1 to 1’s and formal coaching sessions
- Produce detailed actions plans to demonstrate work undertaken to improve individual and team performance.
- To produce, analyse and interpret management information, identifying trends and proactively recommending solutions and improvements.
- To ensure that all team members meet the required standards for quality and compliance and ensure adherence in respect of rules and requirement of FCA, DPA and all other legal and regulatory bodies relevant to own role.
- To work closely with the training department to ensure all Sales Executives receive adequate training and development relevant to their role
- To work with the business to support succession planning and career development and progression for staff at all levels.
- To develop and appraise staff using the agreed internal appraisal system, ensuring all staff have clearly defined objectives and up to date and relevant development plans.
- To use effective motivational schemes to promote and encourage team spirit and team competition.
- Ensure the SMEi brand is accurately represented in all customer interactions
- Ensure adherence to departmental standard operating procedures
You will have previous experience within a similar role and have an in depth understanding of
- Insurance industry
- Types and profiles of small businesses
- General insurance needs of small businesses
- All relevant departmental processes
- Coaching/people management/leadership and team motivation
- Complaint handling
The successful candidate is required to show the following skills & experience
- A positive “can do” approach to problem solving
- Desire for personal development and willingness to learn
- Ability to multi-task along with an attention to detail
- Strong influencing and communication skills at all levels
- Professional manner with the integrity required to work in a regulated environment
- To lead by example and ensure that appropriate levels of behaviour in the office are demonstrated by team members at all times.
- To work with and support the business, with progression and succession planning.
- To work with and support the business on internal project work, including delivering continuous improvement for the overall department and business.
- Collaborate effectively with teams across the business to drive improvement.
- Sharing best practise across teams
SME Insurance Services Ltd (SMEi) is an insurance broker providing commercial insurance to small and medium sized businesses. With over 15 years’ experience catering for the insurance needs of small businesses and over 19,000 customers nationwide, we offer a range of insurance products suited to the varied needs of today’s businesses.
SMEi is part of Jelf – award winning experts in insurance, risk management and employee benefits for businesses and individuals.
Our deep knowledge of both the industry sectors and communities we serve means we can offer advice and solutions that meet our clients' needs today, anticipate what they need tomorrow, and help question if there’s an even better way.
Jelf recently joined forces with Bluefin, bringing together two leading insurance brokers and client advisory businesses. A newly transformed business built on decades of experience with the same purpose, dependability and commitment to excellent service.
We're also part of Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) – a global network of experts in risk, strategy and people. With roots dating back to 1871, MMC’s businesses have been helping clients prosper amid changing times, from the Industrial Revolution to the digital age.
Our strength is our expertise and the relationships we build – powerful industry insight and total commitment to our clients and the communities we serve across the UK. And our purpose is simple: helping businesses and individuals thrive through understanding.
MMC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.