Location: Leeds, United Kingdom
Company: MercerJob ID R_041696-en Apply
- Based in our Leeds office and enjoying flexible/agile working
- A fantastic opportunity to progress your career within Pension Administration and working for a world-class organisation
- Superb benefits package
The administration department is a mix of experienced Pension Administrators and Trainee Administrators and we know that it’s the people that make the real difference.
We believe that diverse teams perform best. We recognize the need to balance work and personal commitment and that all roles can be flexible. Please speak to us about all available working options.
Why you will love this role?
Reporting to the Administration Service Manager, this role is at the very core of our business within the Wealth arm supporting Members, Trustees and Clients. The main purpose of this role is to assist managing our clients’ pension schemes by ensuring that they receive the information they need to enable them to make informed decisions on their benefits. But also, be able to build your skill set as a potential leader of our business by guiding and coaching our trainee administrators to develop their experience. You will do this through peer reviewing their work, providing constructive feedback but also role modelling your own experience dealing with complex calculations and sharing your industry knowledge.
Perhaps you are an experienced Pensions Administrator and want a new change/challenge to step up into a senior role. Or, maybe you’re looking for a change of pace with a company that are market leaders and would like some versatility of clients but still with a community office feel. Whatever it is, we’d like to hear your story!
In this role you will:
- Perform pensions calculations, enter pensions data and answer enquiries to the required standard using automated and non-automated manual/system processes across a wide range of member or scheme events
- Enter pensions data and answer enquiries to the required standard using automated and non-automated manual/system processes across a wide range of member or scheme events
- Promptly and professionally communicate with clients and scheme members on queries when required via letter, e-mail and telephone
- Respond to errors and ensure complaints are handled effectively
- Be a champion of change and provide opinions if you have an idea to create more efficiencies
- Continuous achievement of 95% Service Levels for member processing and completion of scheme event processing in line with timescales agreed with the clients at the required level of quality.
Qualifications Required: As this role will be dealing with pension calculations, it’s important that you consider the following before submitting your application:
- GCSE (or equivalent) completion in mathematics and English (grade C and above)
- Knowledge and willingness to learn about different schemes
- Defined benefits experience would be advantageous
- Confidence in providing feedback and conducting peer reviews
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer.
For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today.