Senior Manager - Systems Administration
Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_051738-en Apply
This is an opportunity to join a strategically vital part of Marsh and McLennan Companies (MMC) during a highly dynamic and exciting time in our corporate development. You will be working with state of the art technologies, and a huge scope to sculpt your career within this role at MMC!
You will be globally responsible for the ongoing support, maintenance and optimisation of business-critical core Infrastructure products, supporting 60,000 colleagues across 80 countries. You will also manage teams of team leaders and technical specialists based in various global locations providing Business as Usual/ Run the Business support and/or Product Management of key infrastructure components. You will be taking the global lead for major problems and ensuring all measures and targets are met.
- Life Cycle Management of core infrastructure technologies including, AD, OKTA, CyberArk. Semperis and Quest AD Management Tools
- Staff management of a team of technical experts, including hiring, career development, discipline and compensation recommendations
- Service Management, meeting SLA measurements, patching, anti-virus, server administration etc
- Project Management and delivery
- Budget Management and procurement
- Management Reporting, weekly and monthly
- Audit and Compliance, ensuring MMC standards are implemented, maintained and pass all annual audits, internal and external
- Architecture and Design, define solutions, operational improvements and automation
- Vendor Management, contract negotiation, supplier management
- Experienced in Identity Management and Active Directory and associated software
- Comprehensive managerial and industry experience
- Acquiring understanding of the underlying issues in complex problems or situations by correctly relating these to simpler or better understood concepts, models or previous experiences and sharing this with the team.
- Has a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Understanding the needs of the internal or external customer and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
- Influencing and persuading others to take a specific course of action.
- Manage conflict between individuals to maintain team objectives
- Acquiring understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts and leading others to the solution.
- Keeping overall business/ group objectives and strategies in mind, and not being deflected by matters of detail.
- Is able to plan and control own and others work, selecting and utilising effectively appropriate methods, procedures, tools, equipment and standards, to meet all targets set.
- Forms a good appreciation of the wider field of IT outside own specialisation and understands how own role relates to other IT roles and to the business activities of the employer or client.
- Identifying gaps in the available information required to understand a problem or situation and devising means of remedying such gaps.
- Being proactive, taking action and anticipating opportunities.
- Is able to absorb rapidly and apply effectively, new technical information as required.
- Budget creation, management, and reporting
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.Visitwww.mmc.comfor more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/.We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.