Location: London, United Kingdom
Company: MercerJob ID R_057238-en Apply
Main responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To produce work within deadlines and budgets
- To attain personal billable targets maintaining an accurate record of working time
- Ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and statutory requirements
- Communicate technical information in a clear manner to clients in such a way to minimize follow up queries
- Progress towards an appropriate professional qualification as agreed with the support of the company
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of legislative changes and consulting procedures
- Assist in the creation and continuous improvement of a successful and mutually profitable working relationship between the client and the company
- Where appropriate, co-ordinate and manage the delivery of the component part of derisking projects (including Flexibility at Retirement, Enhanced Transfer Value, Trivial and Small Lump Sum Commutation)
- Where appropriate, agreed responsibilities with regards to local invoicing and financial controls and practices
To provide local support and expertise to consulting team members to ensure the provision of an efficient, professional and profitable service to our clients.
- Sufficient relevant pensions experience
- Knowledge and understanding of benefit calculations
- Where appropriate, sufficient relevant actuarial experience.
- Where appropriate, thorough understanding of the stages and calculations involved in derisking projects, and familiarity with the relevant industry Code of Good Practice on Incentive Exercises
- Where appropriate, thorough understanding of JLT’s invoicing processes and financial management policies
• Relevant degree / professional qualification.
- The appointed candidate will need to quickly establish an understanding of:
- Legal entity structure of JLT Group and JLT Benefit Solutions
- Services provided by JLT
- JLT’s client details
- JLT’s policies and procedures
- Client development plans and key partners
- JLT’s systems to service the business
- Current and informed knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations and how to apply them.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, on a group and 1-1 basis. High standard of written report writing skills. Listening skills.
- Analytical and investigative skills.
Should exhibit Individual Contributor/Experienced Contributor behaviours at all times in the following areas
- Commercial Credibility;
- Drive & Resilience;
- Planning and Organising;
- Delivering Solutions;
- Relationship Building
- Leadership & Influence;
- Big Picture Thinking;
- Driving Change & Improvement.
About the company:
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer