Location: London, United Kingdom
Company: MercerJob ID R_043317-en Apply
To work with the client executive and At Mercer we have an exciting opportunity for a bid manager to support revenue growth by supporting the business in its goal of winning a greater number of significant opportunities
You will manage complex often multi-business line bids and drive the creation of a compelling bid strategy and manage communication with key stakeholders.
You will operate as part of the London-based major bids team, which focuses exclusively on supporting large opportunities, and collaborate with people from across the business, operating as a virtual, multi-location team.
The key focus of the role would include
- Opportunity lead to understand the bid required, commercial rationale for the bid, and wider client context
- Define and scope bid management projects, including outputs, timescales and resources
- Work closely with the team in defining a strong win strategy – including understanding the key differentiators of and client messaging that will optimise the likelihood of winning
- To oversee the production of high-quality and impactful bid responses within agreed timeframes, and in accordance with the Mercer branding strategy
- Support and coach the team in preparing for the pitch – including driving the creation of highly impactful materials, as well as pitch rehearsals
- Act as a champion of post-decision client Win-Loss Reviews, including understanding and driving improvements in our approach and execution of major bids.
Experience skills & attributes
- Proven bid management experience is essential, preferably for multinational clients
- Previous experience of working in a professional services environment is highly beneficial
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- High energy levels, with a strong desire to support the business in improving its success in winning more opportunities
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.