Broker Support Account Handler
Location: London, United Kingdom
Company: MarshJob ID R_078016-en Apply
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced business support account handler within our Professional Services Division to join a growing and successful team in our London office.
Our core clients within the Division are from a range of industries such as Accountants, Architects, Engineers, Law Firms, Management Consultants, Healthcare, Management Consulting and Professional Services Network.
We work in a busy and lively office environment where we represent the Marsh/JLT brand in a professional manner at all times by living by our Firms values.
This is a busy role support role within the PI Division and the successful candidate will be expected to work closely with the client facing teams to effectively service client accounts in line with the Firms policies and procedures. The key responsibilities are:
- Provide day to day support to the PI Division teams
- Work closely with the Brokers/Client Executives to ensure that all client instructions and requirements are handled promptly, accurately and are met
- Assist the Brokers/Client Executives in the quality controlling of slips and endorsements
- Assist the Brokers/Client Executives in resolving any processing queries
- Monitoring and seeking agreement of slips and endorsements via the London Market's electronic placing platform, PPL
- Establish and maintain day to day relationships with colleagues
- Carry out projects and other duties and tasks as may from time to time be specified by the management of the PI Division
- Support colleagues with managing the sales pipeline (MarshForce)
- General office administrative duties, as required
- Understand and comply with Marsh/JLT compliance and other operational requirements.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience in slips, endorsements and wording documentation
- Experience of PPL
- Maintains ongoing relationship with team colleagues and the Marsh Operations team to effectively service clients
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Planning and organisational – ability to adapt and prioritise
- Diligence, accuracy and ability to work to strict deadlines within a pressurised environment
- Ability to work effectively within a team whilst being self-motivated and conscientious
- Attention to detail and able to work on more than one task at a time
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) including minimum of grade ‘C’ in English and Maths
- Good understanding of Microsoft suite: Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
As a global leader in insurance broking and risk management, Marsh helps our clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative, industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. We have 27,000 employees worldwide, operations in more than 130 countries, and annual revenue of approximately $5.4 billion, along with comprehensive global expertise that spans 26 industry practices and more than 30 risk and specialty practices.
Marsh offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.