Business Development Associate
Location: London, United Kingdom
Company: MercerJob ID R_048037-en Apply
Mercer has been providing investment services to clients for 45 years and has the largest institutional investor network in the world with more than $11tn in assets under its advice. Our Delegated Solutions (DS) business leverages this investment expertise to deliver a range of sophisticated portfolio solutions to a wide range of institutional clients. We are one of the fastest growing investment solutions entities globally with more than $230bn of assets under our implementation. The International Region encompasses 41 countries across Pacific, Asia, Middle East and Africa, Europe and Latin America.
We are seeking a highly motivated Business Development Associate to support the international growth of our DS business. The successful candidate will be a key member of the Business Development Unit responsible for working with sales and commercial leadership to drive sales strategy execution across the International region. With a clear focus on achieving challenging targets in terms of AUM growth this will be a rewarding role as part of a dynamic and expanding team. The role presents the right candidate with an opportunity to learn about the institutional investment sales process in the context of a range of institutional investors, including Pensions, Wealth Managers, Endowments, Foundations, and Insurers
The key focus of the role would include
- Working closely with country based sales leadership on all aspects of sales and business development activities
- The candidate will be based in our London office and core responsibilities include working closely with UK based sales leadership to deliver growth in the UK Fiduciary segment
- Ownership of key sales deliverables including new business proposals, pitch material and ad hoc tasks
- Leading varied business development projects such as product launches, supporting delivery of our marketing strategy, go to market strategy, commercial market research and intelligence, etc
- Assist with pipeline management processes and aligning a broad set of stakeholders to progressing sales opportunities
- Liaise with portfolio management, operational and consulting teams to deliver high quality sales collateral
- Champion Mercer’s investment and implementation capabilities through internal and external sales content dissemination and promotion
- Facilitate other ad-hoc projects and duties required to support the successful growth of the business
Experience skills & attributes
- Motivation to learn and succeed in a business development orientated role
- 6-8 years+ investment experience, with DB pensions experience preferred
- Experienced in people management and workflow oversight responsibility
- Ability to manage multiple projects, stakeholders, and deliverables simultaneously
- Strong interest in the institutional investment landscape and sales process
- Creative thinker with high standards of output
- Strong work ethic along with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive and outcome orientated with the ability to work well as part of a team and develop positive working relationships across the organisation
- Third level qualification with a strong academic track record
- CFA and Actuarial candidates / charter holders welcome
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pensions, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.