City Expansion Program Manager
Location: London, United Kingdom
Company: MercerJob ID R_040732-en Apply
Between 2015 and 2025, over 50% of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth will come from 440 growth economy cities, and by end of 2019 Mercer will have dedicated presence in 70 of these cities.
The objective of the City Expansion Program Manager is to deliver on this strategic initiative across the International Region, maximize our strategic and commercial gain, and provide an ongoing support to countries with the execution.
The position holder will become a key member of the International Region’s strategy and geographic expansion team. This position involves a high level of exposure to stakeholders across many parts of the organization regionally.
1) Personal delivery of City Expansion strategic initiative
Act as Program Manager develop project plans, engage with multiple stakeholders ensuring financial, sales and branding expectations are met:
- Conduct outside-in analysis of market opportunities through primary and secondary research and provide insightful recommendations (including executive interviews, market surveys, and analyst reports)
- Work with the Mercer Competitive Intelligence team to develop profiles of industry players based on regulatory filings, competitor announcements, and analyst reports, as well as interviews of recent Mercer hires from competitors for the cities involved
What is the operating model to enter the city?
- Develop city entry model based on playbook – improve/ revise the playbook, educate country stakeholders on key components, develop an inventory of lessons learned
- Ongoing training and development of impacted country team members in relation to projects, procedures and meeting protocols
What are the Go-To-Market plans?
- Work with country teams to develop a territory execution plan
- Conduct sales effectiveness analysis for the sales professionals deployed in the cities (win rates, pipeline, retention and expansion statistics)
- Activate commercialization plan and city activation for the People First research (landing page, infographics, teaser video, social posts, client ready emails, internal training materials)
- Collaborate with Finance, Sales, and HR staff to gather and analyse Mercer data from various systems in support of strategic initiatives
- Monthly monitoring of the sales and client revenue
- Creation of marketing activation insights
- Monthly headcount and people development progress update reports
2) Solution articulation and thought leadership
- In collaboration with various business segments articulate Mercer’s solution sets for smart and growth cities based on various buyer hubs (MNCs, Local companies, City Mayors)
- Work with Innovation Hub to develop a digital diagnostic tool to be rolled out in all new cities in growth markets Region to drive commercial gain
- Build on the People First thought leadership / research report, identify avenues for commercialization and additional thought leadership areas
- Work with vendors (research, branding, PR etc) and drive maximum impact, identify new strategic partners
3) Stakeholder Management
- Management of various employee / business networks (e.g. ILT, Country CEO Forum, Territory Growth Manager Community), ensure that networks are highly organised, meetings are effective, agenda items are prioritised
- Work directly with senior leadership in the Growth Markets Region (CEOs and GBS Partners), Function Leaders (HR, Finance, Operations), Sales Leaders and the Regional President to increase awareness of the city expansion program within and outside of the region
- Forge partnerships and consultative working relationships with the regional leadership team members
Skills & experience required:
- Tertiary qualified in business, economics, or another related discipline along with a project management qualifications or MBA preferred.
- Proven experience in project and/or program management, experiences with sales force management, new Intellectual Capital roll-out
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated stakeholder management capabilities
- Ability to work effectively within a global matrix structure and across all parts of the organisation
- Self-motivation with initiative, energy and drive to succeed
- Flexible approach, thriving on change and innovation, balanced by attention to detail, risk management and structured thinking
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.