Location: London, United Kingdom
Secondary Locations: Birmingham,United Kingdom;Manchester,,United Kingdom;Glasgow,,United Kingdom;Bristol,,United Kingdom;Edinburgh,,United Kingdom;Woking,,United Kingdom;
Company: MercerJob ID R_051625-en Apply
Mercer work with a wide range of clients to help design, plan, and manage customised defined contribution (DC) pension plans and assist with creating and implementing Financial Wellness programmes for employees. We align organisational objectives with workforce demographics and employee behaviours to identify how employers can help improve retirement outcomes and the financial health of their employees while meeting workforce management needs.
As a DC Consultant you will be responsible for managing client relationships and delivering DC & Financial Wellness advisory services either for your own clients or supporting senior DC consultants. You will take ownership of service delivery, including and the production of consulting materials. You may be expected to play a role in generating new business and managing internal client teams.
- Forging long-term strategic relationships and partnerships with clients, by delivering DC & Financial Wellness advisory services and driving forward the strategic agenda for the consulting relationship. You will be expected to deliver DC benefit/investment (as appropriate) design, governance, monitoring and member communication advice to our clients.
- Driving strategic discussions with clients based on latest industry developments and work to generate new deliverables / opportunities. Additionally, keeping clients informed of major developments within the industry and initiating new ideas as well as business / opportunities that add value to clients.
- Participating as a significant team member with respect to new client sales by being involved in new business proposals and contributing in a meaningful way to efforts e.g. marketing initiatives such as forums, seminars.
- Performing in accordance with financial targets and standards; time recording, sales growth, budget monitoring, billing and all other aspects of financial management.
- Proactive revenue generation from existing clients and extending the range of DC services across lines of businesses as appropriate.
- Maintaining and extending relationships to widen internal and external networks.
- Helping junior colleagues on client teams develop and help them nurture relationships with clients - this will include motivating staff to deliver a high standard of work through on-the-job training and development
- Regularly attend and participate in client meetings, whilst directing preparatory work including production of meeting papers, and oversee management of actions. Serves as a lead consultant on DC projects and clients and/or as part of a larger Mercer team delivering multiple services to clients.
- Lead and successfully manage a small team of analysts to deliver high quality client consulting and analysis work, managing workloads, deadline and client expectations as appropriate.
- Review calculations and work products produced by consultants and analysts using Mercer software/tools.
- Provide support to internal Mercer teams regarding DC consulting issues.
- Assist colleagues with proactive revenue generation from existing clients and extending the range of DC services provided by other lines of business.
- A key member of the team with respect to sales and revenue generation, assisting with the development and delivery of new business proposals and wider marketing efforts.
- Assist in internal projects to produce new intellectual capital, working with both team members at all levels within the business.
- Acts as a mentor and coach by motivating junior staff and new joiners to deliver a high standard of work through on-the-job training and development.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of defined contribution pensions would be a plus but not essential as we have many consultants in the team who started their careers in DB.
- Relevant professional qualification such as PMI / Actuarial / CFA qualification is preferred but not essentail
- Both investment and broader benefits consulting backgrounds are appropriate
- Self-motivation and an ability to work well in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Excellent organisational, planning, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment.
- Proven experience in managing projects and managing client expectations.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues, clients and provider contacts at all levels.
- Demonstrate commercial attitude to the development of new business revenue from both existing and new clients.
- Show initiative and enjoy working in a dynamic team environment
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Mercer's 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. We strive to develop our staff offering them training, support, progression options and exposure to technical work to help them develop their skill set as well as their career.
At Mercer we are open to agile (flexible and part time) working arrangements for new hires. The aim of our flexible working policy is to enable employees to balance work and home life more effectively, whilst meeting the needs of our business. This is another step towards us being an employer of choice. We encourage you to discuss your requirements with us when you apply for a role (we’re very flexible!).