Defined Benefit Retirement Actuarial Consultant
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Secondary Locations: Toronto,Ontario,Canada;
Company: MercerJob ID R_054884-en Apply
The Defined Benefit Retirement Actuarial Consultant – Senior Associate focuses on ensuring Mercer delivers customized retirement consulting services to clients (small or medium) with an emphasis on the efficient implementation of standard solutions but the ability to contribute to the delivery of more complex solutions as well. The Defined Benefit Retirement Actuarial Consultant – Senior Associate also manages and develops analysts on internal client teams to ensure operational excellence and efficiency, and participates in selling Mercer services and solutions to existing clients.
To fulfill this role, the Defined Benefit Retirement Actuarial Consultant – Senior Associate will be the lead consultant on small clients and/or second on medium to large clients, and may also play a key role on some of Mercer’s jumbo clients. This entails having shared responsibility for the Wealth business’ client relationship and client financials. To fulfill this role, the Defined Benefit Retirement Actuarial Consultant – Senior Associate will:
- Perform or oversee necessary calculations or analysis on special retirement projects, analyzing the impact on all of a client’s retirement plans, including assumption studies, plan design studies, and acquisition studies.
- Delegate and review analysis and client work by analysts. Act as final technical review for client projects. Act as high level reviewer for valuation results and sign funding and accounting valuation reports.
- Create project work plans and monitor timelines and budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance or related field
- 5+ years pension-related work experience preferably in a Consulting environment
- Successful client relationship experience
- Proven project management experience
- Superior proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Superior Analytical ability
- Strong presentation skills
- FSA, FCIA expected
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.