Global Technology & Digital HR Leader
Location: London, United Kingdom
Company: MercerJob ID R_044001-en Apply
The Global Technology HR Leader is a strategic partner with the entire Global Technology team, seeking to drive change in the organization through an effective people plan.
Partnering with Mercer's Chief Information Officer, this role is responsible for the strategy and implementation of Global Technology’s (GT) people initiatives. The role’s main goals are; a) increase people manager effectiveness, b) workforce planning to determine the future needs and shape of the organization, c) skills assessment of existing organization and devise actions according to the workforce plan to align the organization and d) analyse people metrics to make critical decisions on talent to support the growth of the Global Technology team. The HR Leader for the team needs to be willing and able to drive business strategy through people projects.
Partnership and collaboration will be critical part of this role across the Mercer HR COEs, Mercer Services HR team and the GT community. A global solutions mind-set with a keen eye for leveraging best practices of others will be important.
The GT HR team is actively designing and supporting projects related to self-led and peer-led learning, People Manager and Work Manager development, career pathing and planning, a GT rotation program, internal job mobility, technical competency evaluation, and diversity and inclusion initiatives. The GT HR Leader will need to be able to truly partner with the CIO and the GT Leadership Team to successfully implement these initiatives, and others that are time-appropriate
- Development, implementation, and sponsorship of strategic projects designed to push the GT team forward
- Active member of GT Leadership team, participating in all team meetings with a people lens, and ultimately partnering to identify areas of needs and ideas from the team to remediate including active coaching of entire GTLT on change leadership, general management, etc
- Oversight of GT HR team including 1:1 meetings, team meetings, and general mentorship and coaching
- Partnership with Talent Acquisition, Rewards, and other Shared Services teams to ensure the best interests of GT are represented and that GT goals are met
- Active member of the Mercer Services HR community, participating in and driving global solutions
- Supporting and actively participating in the HR Operating Model through monitoring and reporting on key people metrics and projects to drive business success
- Proven and solid experience within a similar HR role, with strong focus on strategic partnership
- Experience of working within a tech organisation or looking after a tech related business group with the ability to understand various technology based applications and language
- Exposure across a large geographic area, preferably across UK, EMEA, U.S and India
- Strong experience of managing and dealing with senior internal stakeholders, including leadership teams and have the ability to manage conflicting needs where required
- People management experience
- Preferably you will hold a university degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology, Technology or related field
General skills required
- Develops deep understanding and empathy for client needs and point of view
- Proactively brings innovative solutions to clients to address their current and future needs
- Creatively uses available resources, tools and technology to get results
- Makes decisions and takes actions that support profitability and growth
- Questions assumptions about how things are done in search of a better way
- Takes an idea from concept through implementation and achieves desired outcomes
- Contributes to an environment where creative ideas and new ways of thinking, whether from inside or outside of Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC), are encouraged
- Steps outside comfort zone and tries new things to grow beyond current capabilities
- Communicates effectively with a broad range of individuals and audiences
- Actively listens to others and incorporates diverse points of view
- Inspires others to act and achieve outcomes
- Shares and seeks knowledge and information through multiple channels
- Develops and maintains networks inside and outside MMC
- Ability to work across cultures, borders, and time zones is a must. Comfort on video conference calls as the main mode of communication is also imperative
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.