Health & Benefits Analyst
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Company: MercerJob ID R_046533-en Apply
Health and Benefits Analyst
The Health & Benefits Analyst will help in the plan design, financing, valuation, pricing, and administration of group benefit plans including health, dental, life, and disability.
In addition, the Analyst will support the lead consultant in managing client accounts. To fulfill this role, the Analyst will:
- Act as analyst to H&B consulting staff
- Gather necessary data from the insurer or client; review to ensure it is complete, accurate, and reasonable; and prepare data for use in basic or advanced financial analyses or valuations
- Analyze and interpret benefit plan experience data, estimate future plan costs and perform cost projections
- Perform review of benefits renewal and financial reports
- Perform analysis to support benefit plan benchmarking and plan re-design, including cost implications
- Gain an understanding of basic project management and consulting skills including: managing the quality and timeliness of client deliverables, participating in client calls and meetings as appropriate and assisting with the preparation of clear and concise client-friendly communications
- Review insurer contracts/booklets, summary plan documents, and employee communications to ensure alignment with client expectations
- Perform market survey (tendering) of benefit plans for clients
- Support the development and maintenance of in-house tools and initiatives
- Undertakes general actuarial modeling and spreadsheet modeling
• BA/BS degree
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills; strong command of Excel required
• Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
• Strong critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently and on a team
• 1- 2 actuarial exams preferred but not required
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.