Internal Communications Manager, Mercer Marsh Benefits International
Location: London, United Kingdom
Company: MercerJob ID R_055587-en Apply
In partnership with the Mercer Marsh Benefits (MMB) International Leader and the MMB International Marketing & Communications Leader, the MMB Internal Communications Manager is responsible for leading the development, execution and implementation of internal communications programs for MMB across the region that align to defined business and growth priorities.
To achieve this, the Internal Communications Manager will develop, maintain and continually improve a proactive and effective multi-channel internal communications approach and process – and will partner with senior MMB leadership to identify opportunities to engage colleagues in our brand and prioritized business objectives. Success will be measured by colleague understanding of and engagement in key priorities.
The position reports to the MMB Marketing & Communications Leader and is aligned to the [Mercer and Marsh International Communications Leaders], working closely with the MMB Leadership Team to provide proactive advice, guidance and support on a broad range of employee communication opportunities.
The role is wide ranging and encompasses timely coordination of employee communication through a range of channels to ensure ease of access, clarity and consistency. The role is expected to drive business outcomes and support achievement of Mercer’s strategy and objectives by developing and deploying communication initiatives to motivate and inform our employees and stakeholders about key business and strategic priorities.
The Internal Communications should be, at different times, a writer, project manager, critical/creative thinker, storyteller, and communication expert.
The ideal candidate will be collaborative, passionate, high energy, organized, detail-oriented, and able to distil complex messages with geographically dispersed staff.
- Develop and execute external multi-channel internal communication strategy, messaging framework and plan that align to defined business and strategic priorities
- Develop and execute a wide variety of communications materials, including press releases, presentations, email messages, web content, newsletters, Town Halls, videos, etc.
- Define the appropriate messaging, mix of vehicles, and cadence of messages
- Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form
- Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages
- Handle the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organisational perception and reputation
- Play a leading role in redeveloping and improving the intranet as a key internal communications tool, working alongside our Global teams
- Manage the internal stakeholder engagement, end-to-end strategy development, planning and delivery of marketing communications campaigns/initiatives.
- Implement robust science and structure around the measurement and reporting of marketing communications campaign activity across all channels.
- Writing and editing skills across a range of digital media.
- Effectively manage the delivery of quarterly colleague events/forums
- Manage employee engagement initiatives through internal communications
- Development and improvement of employee feedback cycle
- Establish two-way communications channels to ensure employees are heard
- Ensure all relevant internal stakeholders are aware of the content being created and how to optimize it with clients via email, social and media etc.
- For appropriate activities/content/internal communications, develop a stakeholder map for all key influencers and a strategy to influence them on agreed message platforms.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in one or more of the following disciplines: Marketing, Business, Communications or Public Relations
- 4+ years’ experience in product / marketing and communications with knowledge of multiple communications/marketing disciplines including: market research, advertising, PR, direct marketing, internal communications and online marketing
- Proven track record in developing and executing marketing campaign strategies and plans to deliver results
- Ability to think laterally and creatively, and superior communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence outcomes at all levels of the organisation
- Focuses on the customer, delivers results, builds relationships, exercises sound judgment
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Mercer recognizes the need to balance work and personal commitment. At Mercer we believe all roles can flex. Please speak to us about all available working options