International Strategy Manager
Location: London, United Kingdom
Company: MercerJob ID R_042252-en Apply
The International Region consists of over 170 countries across the globe, outside of North America - Mercer currently has presence in 41 countries. The region has ambitious plans to drive profitable growth across the portfolio.
The purpose of this role is to program manage and lead selected region-wide strategic, profitable growth initiatives across International Region – measured by Return in Investment (ROI) – and drive high impact and quick execution of these strategic and tactical priorities. You will be a key member of the International Region’s strategy and geographic expansion team and will involve a high level of exposure to stakeholders across many parts of the organization regionally.
Strategy Planning (geographic footprint optimization and portfolio momentum)
- Act as Program Manager for assessing International countries’ and cities’ attractiveness – cities and countries within and outside of exciting footprint. Working with Country Teams in collaboration:
- Assess where and when to play (countries, cities, industries and client segments) based on appetite for Mercer’s solutions in the areas of Health, Wealth and Career;
- Determine ideal product and solution mix based on client demand drivers and buying patterns; and
- Identify tactics how to win in the marketplace, capabilities required, appropriate Go-To-Market Plans.
- Continuously monitor key drivers of financial performance and Portfolio Momentum initiatives – using the Disciplined Execution Model, review early indicators of success, suggest phasing of investment and/or disinvestment tactics where needed.
- Monitor and contribute to various strategic profitable growth initiatives, which may be highly complex and involve creation and oversight of multi-disciplinary teams. Monitor special projects including new solution Wealth and Career in International Markets.
- Work with the Mercer Competitive Intelligence team and proactively monitor the external market to understand competitors and key trends shaping the Health, Wealth and Career industries. Continuously look for signals both inside and outside the company that could indicate threats to continued success or opportunities to grow, determine if strategies need to be adjusted or new strategies should be introduced.
- Partner with Country CEOs, the Commercial Team and GBS Partners to develop go-to-market execution plans for priority countries and cities.
- Conduct outside-in analysis of market opportunities through primary and secondary research and provide insightful recommendations (including executive interviews, market surveys, and analyst reports).
- Develop and present opportunities and integrated execution plans to management and / or other stakeholders for alignment and resources support.
Stakeholder engagement, force multiplier, changeagent
- Forge strategic long-term partnerships and consultative working relationships with leadership team members and ensure that various stakeholders are connected with the firm’s priorities. Build strong working relationships with CEOs, CBLs, MCG team, Global Business Solutions, vendors and agencies.
- Drive the capability development of the country program team across the International Region; coach, mentor and facilitate the transfer and sharing of knowledge to support targeted growth of knowledge and capability related to strategic programs.
- Support essential, ambitious, and accelerated change while effectively dealing with any resistance and barriers. Serves as change agent for strategic initiatives, act as an execution architect.
Skills & experience required:
- Proven experience in a project and/or program management role. Ideally with a consulting background.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated stakeholder management capabilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a global matrix structure and across all parts of the organisation.
- Self-motivation with initiative, energy and drive to succeed.
- Flexible approach, thriving on change and innovation, balanced by attention to detail, risk management and structured thinking.
- Tertiary qualified in business, economics, or another related discipline. Project management qualifications preferred.
Be PROACTIVE, SAVVY, INITIATIVE TAKER: Skilful at conceiving and implementing strategy execution programs
Have a GLOBAL MIND-SET: multi-cultural, multi time zone and multi-language alert and sensitive
Have GRIT: ‘Rock the world’ mind-set
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.