Investment Consulting Analyst
Location: London, United Kingdom
Secondary Locations: Birmingham,United Kingdom;Leeds,,United Kingdom;Manchester,,United Kingdom;Bristol,,United Kingdom;Edinburgh,,United Kingdom;Woking,,United Kingdom;Liverpool,,United Kingdom;
Company: MercerJob ID R_063549-en Apply
FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY TO ENHANCE YOUR CAREER WITHIN MERCER’S DELEGATED SOLUTIONS TEAM
Role is based in London (or a range of other Mercer UK offices including: Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester and Woking)
Mercer is looking for talented and ambitious investment analysts who are keen to develop their career with a foundation in both client consulting and investment strategy focus before specialising. This is an opportunity to join a great multi-disciplined team providing clients with leading edge fiduciary management solutions. We are looking for individuals with excellent communication skills, business acumen and a client focus, alongside the core technical skills.
You will be working in our successful and rapidly growing Delegated Solutions (DS) team which leverages Mercer’s market leading investment expertise to deliver a range of sophisticated fiduciary management solutions to a wide range of institutional clients. Mercer is one of the fastest growing investment solutions entities globally with c. $250bn of assets under our implementation.
This is an opportunity to work on a wide range of clients, working directly with trustee boards and engaging other stakeholders and advisors. We tailor the client mix to support and develop an individual’s skills now and into the future.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the DS Team and be involved in both client and strategy focussed activities. Core responsibilities include working closely with the wider DS team (Portfolio Management, Risk and Operations), Strategists and Lead Consultants to deliver de-risking investment strategies, focus on solving our clients’ needs and adding value to client solutions.
This role would be suitable for someone who has graduated from university with an interest in investments or some experience working with trustees and corporates on DB pensions within either an investment or actuarial consultancy role and has started to take either investment or actuarial exams. Mercer provides full-study support for students undertaking the exams.
Why is Mercer different?
Besides working for one of the world’s largest consultancy firms, you will be given opportunities to excel and grow in a high performing team of investment professionals. The team is structured so that analysts are given opportunities to help design and deliver our solutions directly to a range of clients from an early stage. You will be supported through real situations to expand both your technical and consulting skills, and to choose your own career path.
Beyond this, Mercer provides the potential for opportunities in other lines of business, or via our Global & International rotation program.
What is the role?
- Assisting consultants in the preparation and delivery of both day to day, and strategic advice
- Supporting consultants with client communications including strategy changes, asset class manager and structure changes, market updates, funding level trigger breaches, monthly client dashboards
- Involved in day to day communication with clients and consultant on regular audit, accounting and reporting queries
- Supporting consultants and strategists in the design and analysis of investment strategies tailored to our clients’ circumstances as part of our annual strategy recalibration process
- Reviewing and tailoring of client quarterly reports, factsheets and clientmonthly dashboards generated by the Performance Reporting Team
- Liaise regularly with members of Mercer’s portfolio management team in order to develop a deep understanding of Mercer’s investment solutions with the expectation to become a specialist on a few Mercer portfolios/ asset classes
- Supporting consultants on new client take-on process working with and alongside client take-on specialists, business development, Sentinel and operations
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Education to degree level and be undertaking or recently completed investment or actuarial professional qualifications
- A strong understanding of how UK pensions schemes operate
- Strong analytical, numerical and critical thinking skills, including a good understanding of economics, asset classes and investment strategies
- Excellent planning and organisational abilities, in order to prioritise and complete work
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues and clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
At Mercer we are open to flexible and part time working arrangements for new hires. The aim of our flexible working policy is to enable employees to balance work and home life more effectively, whilst meeting the needs of our business. This is another step towards us being an employer of choice. We encourage you to discuss your requirements with us when you apply for a role.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.