Location: London, United Kingdom
Secondary Locations: Birmingham,United Kingdom;Leeds,,United Kingdom;Manchester,,United Kingdom;Edinburgh,,United Kingdom;Woking,,United Kingdom;Liverpool,,United Kingdom;Bristol,,United Kingdom;
Company: MercerJob ID R_049772-en Apply
Mercer has been providing investment services to clients for 45 years and has the largest institutional investor network in the world with more than $11tn in assets under its advice. Our Delegated Solutions (DS) business leverages this investment expertise to deliver a range of sophisticated portfolio solutions to a wide range of institutional clients.
We are one of the fastest growing investment solutions entities globally with c$250bn of assets under our implementation. The International Region encompasses 41 countries across Pacific, Asia, Middle East and Africa, Europe and Latin America.
We are seeking a highly motivated Investment Strategist to support the growth of our DS business.
You will be a key member of the Strategy Team responsible for designing and implementing leading investment strategies tailored to each client using Mercer’s best ideas. This will be a rewarding role as part of a dynamic and expanding team. The role presents the right candidate with an opportunity to develop their investment knowledge and skills working with a book of clients and aspiring to become a Senior Strategist.
- Core responsibilities include working closely with the Fiduciary team, Senior strategists and Lead Consultants, to design and implement de-risking investment strategies and other strategies as appropriate which incorporate Mercer’s best thinking
- Consider how the investment strategy may evolve to reflect the changing dynamics of a pension scheme and objectives
- Facilitate other ad-hoc projects and duties required to support the successful growth of the Strategy and DS business such as integrating new software, maintaining internals tools and procedures, contribute to development of the strategy solution
- Support the FM team as required to ensure Mercer stays ahead of the competition in the Fiduciary market
- Liaise with Portfolio Management, Operational, Investment Solutions and Consulting teams to implement high quality strategies with efficiency - for example contribute towards implementing Dynamic Asset Allocation tilts
- Use of our trading software, Charles River, to instruct trades to rebalance and re-structure portfolios ensuring that the desired allocations are implemented / maintained
- Support the client team by providing technical insight into a client’s strategy when needed, modelling financial risks and reviewing aspects of regular Strategy reports
- Over time attend client meetings to deliver strategic reviews
- Contribute towards delivering growth in the UK Fiduciary segment through supporting pitches
- Motivation to learn and succeed in an investment strategy orientated role
- Proven investment experience, with DB pensions experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects, stakeholders, and deliverables simultaneously
- Strong interest in the institutional investment landscape and strategy setting process
- Have a keen eye for detail and intellectually ambitious with high standards of output
- Strong work ethic along with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive and outcome orientated with the ability to work well as part of a team and develop positive working relationships across the organisation
- Degree level qualification with a strong academic track record
- Strong risk focus – keen awareness of risk involved in moving client money
- Qualified or nearing CFA / Actuarial qualification
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).