ITS Database Architect Manager - London
Location: London, United Kingdom
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_094413-en Apply
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60+ cities across nearly 30 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies – www.oliverwyman.com
We are currently looking for an experienced Database Architect Manager ITS team at our London Baker Street office.
Why Oliver Wyman?
Working as part of our global, entrepreneurial company, you’ll do meaningful work from day one. We’re looking for individuals who challenge the norm, and constantly strive to build something new for the firm and the world around us.
At Oliver Wyman, there's no "one size fits all." We hire exceptional people and help them thrive through a built-in support network, flexible career paths, and no artificial barriers to advancement.
We want you to bring your authentic self and enjoy working alongside diverse and down-to-earth colleagues who do serious work, but don't take themselves too seriously.
This role will be responsible for leading, developing, and delivering technically strong and pragmatic solutions, that are aligned with enterprise data architecture principles, while working closely with architects, developers and operational staff.
We’re looking for a self-starter, a team player, and someone who can both manage a small team and roll up their sleeves to deliver critical solutions.
You will need exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation, as well as deep expertise in data architecture.
*This is an internal-facing role, so minimal travel is required.*
- Lead, create and manage the service offerings by the IT data architecture team, that not only meets the current business requirements but also are forward looking in design.
- Identify the data integration and data flow needs and work to finalize these on a project by project basis. This includes adding coherence and structure to overall data assets.
- Lead the development of key data assets (e.g., Master Data Hub, Tableau dashboards, Informatica integration) by providing deep expertise around these database technologies.
- Must be able to perform data modelling, design patterns, building highly scalable and secured solutions, specially using MS-SQL technologies
- Manage and update existing integrations as needed and implement suggestions to core data architect assets based on feedback from project team members and sponsors.
- Evangelize the use of data architecture assets and provide project team members training and communications on how best to utilize these assets.
Who We Are Looking for:
- A Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, MIS, business or equivalent experience required. An advanced degree is a plus.
- 8+ years of experience in MS-SQL, Tableau, Oracle, and information architecture and roadmaps development
- Experience in setting up and deploying process data and process level integration. Expert in data modelling approaches, tools and techniques.
- Deep expertise in MS-SQL Server is required. Experience with Informatica a plus.
- Prior management experience required.
- Ability to define API level integration architecture with detailed hands-on implementation knowledge. Ability to provide the mechanics for propagating and governing master data entities.
- You must hold current eligibility to work in the UK
Additional competencies we require...
- Influential in the organization and a team player.
- Highly supportive of the business and of its ideals and strategies.
- Neutral toward technology, vendor and product choices; more interested in results than in personal preferences.
- Unflappable in the face of opposition to architectural ideals.
At Oliver Wyman we do not unlawfully discriminate against anyone and we are particularly mindful of the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 which prohibits discrimination based on nine protected characteristics namely: age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, sex, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity. Additionally, we pay close attention to work/life balance and family life, military status and personality types.