Junior Sales Executive/ Lead Generator
Location: London, United Kingdom
Company: MercerJob ID R_045019-en Apply
Are you looking to build your career in Sales with a global organisation?
Do you have experience prospecting new leads?
About the department:
Mercer Marsh Benefits provides clients with a single source for managing the costs, people risks, and complexities of employee benefits. Our benefits professionals, located in 135 countries and servicing clients in more than 150 countries, are deeply knowledgeable about their local markets. Through our locally established businesses, we have a unique common platform which allows us to serve clients with global consistency and locally unique solutions.
As a pivotal part of Mercer Marsh Benefits, the Global Benefits Management Team is responsible for the sales, delivery and service of global consulting, co-ordination, broking and technology solutions to the world’s largest multinational corporations.
A new, dedicated team, we were established to ensure we grow and retain our clients, whilst ensuring continuing innovation of our market-leading proposition.
You will join a passionate, client-centric, growth-obsessed team responsible for a portfolio of clients that contributes a significant portion of revenue annually and is key to Mercer Marsh Benefits growth strategy over the next three years.
We are looking for someone who will be able to identify and source new prospective multinational clients to work within a newly created unit within Mercer Marsh Benefits. Your role will consist of you working closely with key decision makers within an organisations HR and Risk team, including roles such as CHRO’s, Global Reward Directors, Global Benefits Directors and Global Insurance/Risk Directors to understand their requirements and demonstrate how we can meet their needs.
To be considered for this role, you will experience doing the following:
• Generation of new opportunities through various channels – both internally within MMC and externally via outbound prospective client targeting
• Preparing and structuring calls to understand the potential client’s requirements
• Creating marketing campaigns (email, LinkedIn, networking events)
• Hitting monthly / quarterly / annual targets
• Identifying customer needs in order to deliver their requirements
• Overcoming client objections by communicating relevant solutions
• Experience using sales databases to log activity and following up on activity
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
• Previous experience with relationship building and able to build rapport with a variety of stakeholders
• Being able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Great organisational skills
• Good negotiating skills
• Persistence and resilience
• Be open to travelling across Europe (additional language skills would be an asset but are not a mandatory requirement)
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Mercer's 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. We strive to develop our staff offering them training, support, progression options and exposure to technical work to help them develop their skill set as well as their career.
At Mercer we are open to flexible and part time working arrangements for new hires. The aim of our flexible working policy is to enable employees to balance work and home life more effectively, whilst meeting the needs of our business. This is another step towards us being an employer of choice. We encourage you to discuss your requirements with us when you apply for a role (we’re very flexible!).