Location: London, United Kingdom
Company: MercerJob ID R_044217-en Apply
At Mercer you will be a key part of the wider team of manager research specialists. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global organization and to be part and the group responsible for recommending investment strategies that are used by Mercer’s clients globally.
The key focus of the role
To evaluate equity investment managers and identify those most capable of delivering strong performance for Mercer’s client portfolios. Key responsibilities will be:
- Co-ordination with external investment management firms to undertake research on specific investment strategies;
- Collation and interpretation of quantitative analysis such as; performance data, peer group analysis, regression analysis, summary views, portfolio holdings analysis and research ratings;
- Support senior researchers in the preparation for, and attendance of, face to face meetings with investment management firms;
- Compose research documents outlining the strengths and weaknesses of a strategy and making a recommendation based on research;
- Contribute to ad hoc equity related research projects; and
- Support the representation of the manager research process and investment recommendation to clients and prospects.
You will also be involved in supporting the team in presenting to clients on the equity investment products researched and their prospects for medium to long-term performance, as well as the risks, and multi-manager portfolio design.
Experience, skills & attributes
- Educated to degree level and having strong quantitative and analytical analysis.
- 3 – 7 years of experience in the institutional investment management or consulting industries.
- Strong background in investment analysis or portfolio management.
- Strong analytical capabilities and attention to detail.
- Intellectually curious.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Interest in, or actively pursuing, the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.