Pension Administration - Senior Analyst I
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Company: MercerJob ID R_053479-en Apply
Pension Administration – Senior Analyst I
The Pension Administrator works in a team environment as part of Mercer’s pension administration Centre of Excellence. The successful candidate will be part of a team of consultants, analysts and administrators that provide high quality administration service to a portfolio of clients, demonstrating outstanding and timely customer service in all dealings with client contacts.
- Calculate pension benefits and prepare statements resulting from various events (termination of employment, retirement, death, marriage breakdown, transfer, etc.);
- Update client's database (data request and validation, use of various systems/databases, data processing and accrual of benefits and other pertinent information, reconciliation of membership, etc.);
- Prepare annual statements for plan members;
- Calculate pension adjustments (PA), pension adjustment reversals (PAR), and past service pension adjustments (PSPA) and pension indexation.
- Prepare annual information returns;
- Understand the provisions of the plans and the various applicable laws;
- Create or modify calculation programs in order to respect the provisions of the relevant plans, laws, and administrative procedures;
- Support the senior administrators in the improvements of systems and procedures in order to enhance the work methods’ efficiency;
- Act as a resource person for the client on benefit calculations and other administration processes;
- Be prepared to administer plans that may contain complex features (flexible plans, executive plans, hybrid plans, etc.);
- May be involved in various special projects, including plan termination, early-retirement program, , implementation of new plan provisions, etc.;
- Manage workload and priorities, and coordinate certain projects.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field: actuarial science, mathematics, or administration
- Work experience with defined benefit pension plans is an asset but not required.
- Demonstrate the following competencies: strong analytical and organization skills, thoroughness, attention to detail, excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to work in teams, self-reliance, resourcefulness
- Proficient with MS-Office software programs, strong in Excel a must.
- Fluency in French is an asset but not required.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Mercer will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, feel free to contact Cynthia Gallegos at +1 346-307-1580 or firstname.lastname@example.org
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.