Location: London, United Kingdom
Company: MercerJob ID R_052322-en Apply
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced and qualified Programme Manager to join our UK Transformation Programme.
Working as part of the UK PMO team the role is to provide specialised and professional programme management services to our core consultancy businesses.
As part of a major transformation programme the Programme Manager will be required to lead and support the delivery of a programme of change to integrate four separate businesses within our Health Consulting Business, Mercer Marsh Benefits.
This is a substantial programme with in excess of $1 billion annual premium placement, 700 colleagues and a variety of UK locations. The programme has multiple work streams and sub projects, including proposition, financials, legal & compliance, and people. The programme of work is also part of a global change programme; you will need to manage this interface as well.
You will have a very strong track record of delivering fast paced change of this complexity and magnitude. Credibility and gravitas to advise, support and sometimes challenge a wide variety of senior stakeholders is essential as is the ability to hit the ground running.
Whilst the majority of the time will be delivering programme management services, you will also be part of the UK PMO and supporting UK wide projects as well as contributing to the development of the PMO service and coaching less experienced members of the team
The key focus of the role would include
- The ability to deploy and promote the use of established programme management tools, approaches and methodologies. You will be a governance expert and know how to keep those unfamiliar with programme management on the right track
- A very broad business skill set and a strong commercial acumen that enables you to provide relevant advice to sponsors, stakeholders and work stream leaders
- Highly developed EQ and stakeholder management skills, you must be unflappable and tenacious and be able to facilitate decision making and issue resolution across multiple dimensions and viewpoints. You will need to build and maintain support and buy-in at all levels of an organization during multiple phases of the programme life cycle.
- Must be articulate, and confident, capable of delivering tough messages to all levels of management and building rapport and credibility across a distributed organisation to ensure results are accomplished.
- The ability to operate effectively in fast moving, complex and changing environments where it may not be possible to deliver a programme of change in a text book linear fashion
Experience skills & attributes
- Prince 2/MSP or equivalent qualification
- At least 10 years’ experience of complex and major programme management in equivalent sized business environments
- Working knowledge of the UK Health or Wealth Consulting Landscape
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
The role will initially be for a 6 month period, for the right candidate there is the possibility of a longer term.