Project Manager – UK Placement
Location: London, United Kingdom
Company: MarshJob ID R_055385-en Apply
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced project manager with data analysis expertise. You will have excellent interpersonal & communication skills and be confident working closely with senior internal and external stakeholders. The role would suit a results driven individual who has a keen eye for detail and is looking for career progression. If this sounds like you, we would encourage you to apply for our Project Manager – UK Placement position.
The Placement function coordinates placement, product and portfolio strategy across the UK and Ireland. This is done by working closely with insurers and internal stakeholders across multiple client segments (Specialty, Risk Management, Corporate and Consumer & Commercial). Placement drives projects to deliver new products and facilities for Marsh clients, grow revenue and improve placement standards. Reporting to the Placement COO, you will take direct responsibility for specific initiatives or sub work-streams in larger programmes. The role-holder will work closely with Head of Placement and segment business leaders. The role covers a broad range of subjects including product development and placement strategy implementation and includes interaction with insurers and internal stakeholders.
- Delivering strategic placement projects
- Maintaining plans and managing resources, risks and issues Using data analysis expertise to analyse placement data (yield and profitability, facility MI, portfolio MI) to develop business insights, robust placement solutions and strategic plans
- Liaising with insurers and Marsh business leaders to deliver placement innovation projects, new
- products and facilities
- Working with colleagues from all Business Units and with the Data and MI team to identify and implement solutions to improve the quality of data available for strategic decision making and broking
Skills & Experience Required:
- Demonstrable background in project management with a varied ‘toolkit’
- Knowledge of the London insurance market preferred
- Prior experience in product and facility development an advantage
- Confident interacting with internal and external stakeholders of different seniority levels
- Quantitative background with strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
- Experienced user of Excel, with an ability to analyse data in depth forming opinions and making strategic recommendations
- Solid PowerPoint experience and ability to produce papers for Exec and Board level stakeholders
- Passion for results and experience working in a fast paced environment
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration.
Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients
Marsh offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.