Proposal Specialist (London or Reading)
Location: London, United Kingdom
Company: MarshJob ID R_073818-en Apply
This is an opportunity to join a successful team of specialist bid managers. We are seeking an insurance professional with strong technical skills and an understanding of the new business process, or alternatively experienced bid managers looking to move into a new industry. In both cases we will provide full support and training to help you develop the skills you need to become a successful bid manager. This is a varied role that offers the opportunity to develop your experience across a wide range of insurance and risk areas and to build a strong network of contacts in a major division of the UK’s leading Insurance and Risk Advisor. The IMPACT team has a strong track record of developing our people, offering opportunities for personal development both within outside of the team.
As Project Manager you will manage and coordinate complex domestic and multinational offensive and defensive tenders, drive the bid strategy and manage communication with all relevant stakeholders. You will also collaborate with teams on strategic sales initiatives as well as working on operational improvements to benefit the project management function. As Project Manager you will produce high quality reports, literature and presentations to communicate winning differentiators and coach the presentation teams including senior colleagues
This role can be based in either London or Reading.
· Work with Client / Development Executive and Bid Sponsor (and clients/prospects as required) to understand the bid required and commercial rationale for the bid
· Define and scope bid management projects, including outputs, timescales, resources, costs and methodology
· Produce high-quality reports and presentations within agreed timeframes, in accordance with the Marsh branding strategy
· Manage the broking and programme design input with technical and industry experts and Brokers
· Provide input on conceptual pricing and Marsh fees
· Responsible for developing the unique service propositions for successful outcomes and encouraging others to adopt this approach
· Support the presentation team with pitch rehearsal
Strategic Sales Support
· Maintain an understanding of major upcoming tender opportunities through liaison with regional Sales Leader(s)
· Work with colleagues across the country to provide pre-bid analysis, research and bid development support
· Support the local sales teams with coaching and training for best practice throughout the entire bid process
· Work with Regional Sales Leader(s) to ensure accurate data and reporting on workflow, pipeline and success rates
Skills & Experience
· Proven Project Management experience is desirable
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written) – able to produce and write clear and concise content, as well as (re)structure content from other sources
· Well organised and efficient – able to work within tight timescales, to engage others, even more senior, to ensure content is delivered and objectives are met
· Strong analysis and problem solving capabilities – actively contributing to achieve business and team goals, probing for details, clarifying tasks and content and seeing clearly through complexity
· Motivated, competitive and enthusiastic with a desire to develop additional skills and to win. Always seeking to deliver best practice, market leading service and solutions
· Very high attention to detail, setting own standards, using monitoring systems
· Flexibility and ability to work well under pressure – willing and able to sometimes work long hours and/or weekends, even at very short notice, due to unpredictable workflow
· Tactful with high level of discretion/confidentiality
· Innovative – able to think outside the box, creates new models and frameworks
· Excellent skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Powerpoint and Excel
IMPACT is the Marsh Project Management team across the UK and Ireland. They help colleagues win more opportunities by delivering creative solutions through team-based problem solving, fostering collaboration and creative thinking between client teams and specialised resources. Project Management’s experience is utilised to deliver Marsh's best ideas and thinking to clients and prospects in concise, compelling communications. They work on strategic bids (both defensive and offensive) and add value to internal clients by driving the (pre-) bid strategy by helping client teams identify a small number of key messages/winning differentiators from the wider Marsh offering. The role extends to non-bid activity which includes challenge reviews and renewal and strategic planning.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal.
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: pension, health and welfare, tuition assistance, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/.
Marsh & McLennan Companies & its affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital and civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs.