Account Broker - Jelf
Location: London, United Kingdom
Company: MarshJob ID R_049141-en Apply
Are you interested in developing a rewarding career in which you will work to continuously broaden your capabilities and competence in supporting client accounts? Are you seeking a role that involves managing existing client relationships whilst supporting new opportunities for revenue generation? Do you aspire to work for a global business that provides ongoing support and training towards gaining industry recognised qualifications?
If you have answered yes to all of the above, then you may be interested to find out more about a new and exciting Account Broker opportunity we are currently recruiting for, here at Jelf.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Account Broker to join our Real Estate team based in London, for which we require the successful candidate to partner with colleagues to ensure the profitable handling and growth of client accounts in line with the overall client relationship management strategy, and provide effective support in the servicing and administration of a portfolio of business.
The role will encompass all Account Broker duties, which includes, but will not be limited to; account administration, policy negotiation and client interaction.
- Maintaining an existing portfolio of clients in the form of dealing with day-to-day queries, broking, midterm adjustments, renewals, loan processing, etc. You will also be managing all relationships with key clients and stakeholders within the Jelf business.
- Ensuring documentation issued from Insurers is accurate, invoices, broking submissions, client registers, and all other administration tasks as required in a manner that is compliant with business procedures.
- An essential part of the role is to be the first point of contact for clients. This includes building and maintaining excellent rapport and responding to clients’ queries in a timely and accurate manner. You will be expected to prioritise your workload and requests from clients.
- Undertaking any reasonable tasks requested by the Team Manager or other senior officials of the Jelf business. This includes attending internal meetings and active contribution in issues discussed to pave the way for continued success within the business.
Skills & Experience
- Preferably demonstrable experience of working in a similar capacity for a Broker and/or Insurer.
- Good academic background supported by good grades at A-Level and/or GCSE in subjects that include Maths and English.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation skills in completing assigned tasks.
- Excellent customer/client etiquette.
- Cert CII desirable, but not essential.
- Competent in the use of MS Office.
We are Jelf – award winning experts in insurance, risk management and employee benefits for businesses and individuals.
Our deep knowledge of both the industry sectors and communities we serve means we can offer advice and solutions that meet our clients' needs today, anticipate what they need tomorrow, and help question if there’s an even better way.
Jelf recently joined forces with Bluefin, bringing together two leading insurance brokers and client advisory businesses. A newly transformed business built on decades of experience with the same purpose, dependability and commitment to excellent service.
We're also part of Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) – a global network of experts in risk, strategy and people. With roots dating back to 1871, MMC’s businesses have been helping clients prosper amid changing times, from the Industrial Revolution to the digital age.
Our strength is our expertise and the relationships we build – powerful industry insight and total commitment to our clients and the communities we serve across the UK. And our purpose is simple: helping businesses and individuals thrive through understanding.
MMC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.