People Strategy Partner (Talent & Inclusion)
Location: London, United Kingdom
Company: MercerJob ID R_048095-en Apply
The role of the People Strategy Partner (Talent & Inclusion) is to develop a strategic, consultative partnership with business leaders and HR to solve critical talent and inclusion issues. RMs bring a deep knowledge and insight of the regions / businesses, including cultural understanding, that guides the development of COE solutions aligned to business needs and drives how solutions are implemented to ensure desired outcomes are achieved.
The People Strategy Partner (Talent & Inclusion) is a member of the Regional / Mercer Services HR Leadership team as well as the Global Talent & Inclusion COE Leadership team.
The People Strategy Partner (Talent & Inclusion)will invest 65% of their time in SWAT team project design and implementation working directly in the business and with HR Partners, to address highly targeted, critical strategic business issues that require talent & inclusion subject-matter-expertise to resolve. The People Strategy Partner (Talent & Inclusion) will invest 35% of their time developing and managing key relationships in the business and in HR, acting as an advisor and coach to business leaders and HR on strategic talent issues, and recommending the appropriate COE-developed processes, tools, and resources that the business can implement to solve those issues.
65% of the time, the People Strategy Partner (Talent & Inclusion) will:
- Lead, or be a member of, COE SWAT teams providing critical strategic initiative design and implementation consultation for the business, in partnership with HR partners, in areas of COE subject-matter-expertise and solutions. Subject areas include: Change Management; Integration of Acquisitions; PSA (Workforce Planning); Leader / Manager Effectiveness & Assessment; Organisation design.
- Lead design / development of global solutions, to ensure fit/alignment (80/20), when implementing locally.
- Ensure solutions developed locally are built with global application in mind.
35% of the role will involve:
Develop & Maintain Critical Relationships - Primary connection point between T&I COE and the Regional Business & HR Leadership, building credibility and creating openings/opportunities for T&I COE solutions with the business & HR:
- Seen as “go to” coach and strategic advisor for Exec Leaders on critical talent and inclusions issues.
- Increase understanding of Exec Leaders of COE expertise, resources and tools.
- Advises and guides Region / Business HR Leaders on strategic COE approaches and solutions – Acts as a resource to respective HR teams, providing connections to COE resources, tools and solutions.
- Inform development of COE solutions, existing and new (needs analysis) to align with business needs and priorities – ensures “local” feedback informs global design and iteration, to ensure regional business needs are represented and met in design of COE solutions.
Drive Talent Strategy for Region / Business - In partnership with Region HR Leader inputs to and drives people strategy to address critical needs aligned to areas of T&I COE / global business priority, including defining and driving talent strategy, to ensure diverse succession & mobility for critical, senior and future focused roles at both a regional and country level, or global business level (e.g. MS):
- Identifies need & opportunity to engage the business to fully “buy” and “commit” to strategically aligned solutions- with particular focus on Change management and Talent Management.
- Sources expertise within Mercer, to solve business challenges – bringing the right people to the table.
- With operational support and automated processes, facilitates Region/Global Talent Review process – main focus, story of the analytics to drive actions and outcomes.
- Advises on of COE solutions to engage, develop and retain our most critical talent, for example, rotations programs, prescribed learning plans, on-boarding, etc.
To be successful in this role, the People Strategy Partner (Talent & Inclusion) needs to be:
- Proven experience within a similar role
- Familiar with working within an off-shoring and/or a service based environment
- Have business awareness and be future focussed
- Deep knowledge of change management / succession planning
- Have a continuous learning mind-set and ability to encourage learning
- Strong people skills with the ability to challenge
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.