Sales Professional - GBM
Location: London, United Kingdom
Secondary Locations: München,Germany;Paris,,France;Amsterdam,,Netherlands;Frankfurt,,Germany;
Company: MercerJob ID R_036178-en Apply
Mercer is looking for talented and ambitious sales professional, to support our global commercial and sales leaders in a fast growth, global consulting proposition . We are looking for someone who are keen to further their career and are focused on consulting with clients. This is an opportunity to join a great multi-disciplinary team providing clients with leading edge advice. We are looking for individuals with excellent communication skills, adaptability, business acumen and a desire to be in front of clients, all underpinned by the required technical skills.
As a sales professional you would be responsible for the growth of profitable new GBM clients, including all aspects of the sales process, from pre-sale through to presentation, close and on boarding. GBM is a strategically important solution driving global revenue across Mercer Marsh benefits worldwide.
This is a new role within the GBM commercial and sales team, a new team established to drive sales professionalism across the region, a part of Mercer’s unique multinational client group
Why is Mercer different?
Besides working for one of the world’s largest consultancy firms, you will be given opportunities to excel and grow in a high performing team of sales professionals and consultants. The team is structured so that you are given opportunities to deliver advice and consult with a range of clients. You will be supported through real situations to continue to expand both your sales and consulting skills, and to choose your own career path.
Beyond this, Mercer provides the potential for opportunities in other lines of business, or via our Global & International rotation program.
- Drives increased revenue and profitability in support of Mercer’s aggressive growth targets
- Executes sales disciplines and best practices, aligned to Miller Heiman methodology
- Qualifies prospects based on Mercer’s guidelines for new business
- Identifies external and internal referral sources and partners closely with those resources
- Leads in the creation of sales proposals and presentations and works with the referral source partner to coordinate the delivery of those presentations to prospects
- Participating in new business contract negotiations
- Internal Stakeholder Management
- Utilise internal sales channels to identify new opportunities, including leveraging Cross OpCo client relationships from Marsh, Olive Wyman, Guy Carpenter and Thomsons Online Benefits
- Work with local client managers, growth leaders, CEOs, global client managers and global consultants to identify new GBM targets
- Utilizes information sources internally and externally to gather appropriate data to properly position Mercer to succeed in the market
- Lead regional sales opportunities, managing virtual teams of consultants, client managers and senior stakeholders, balancing local autonomy and driving region-wide programs
- Organizational Coordination
- Identifies and actively pursues new business opportunities, engaging and leveraging Mercer Marsh leadership as appropriate
- Develops sales strategies for increasing target market sales and manages the execution of those strategies
- Identifies and cultivates potential referral sources and develops relationships through personal contact and presentation of the company’s resources
- Generates additional revenue opportunities by introducing and leveraging other MMC products and services as appropriate
- Participates in relevant events and conferences that enhance the reputation and increase opportunities for Mercer
- Product Development
- Provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas.
- Manage the sales process and discipline for own opportunities, including development of core presentations, graphics and pipeline reporting, in line with GBM Commercial and Sales Team protocols
- Monitoring competitors and reviewing Mercer’s offering in light of competitors developments
- Minimum of five years of successful sales experience
- Experience in HR/EB consulting, HR technology or related fields
- Desirable second language of French, German, Spanish or Italian
- European-wide role, with extensive travel – location flexible
- Competency in Microsoft Office and Salesforce
- Excellent negotiation skills, and a proven track record of success in complex and lengthy sales cycle opportunities
- Experience in working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.