Senior Actuary Aviation
Location: London, United Kingdom
Company: Guy CarpenterJob ID R_095679-en Apply
Senior Actuary Aviation
An opportunity has arisen within Guy Carpenter for an experienced Senior Actuary ideally with Aviation experience
What can you expect:
- To Develop strategies and proposes actuarial services to more complex client accounts and larger scale businesses to advise on risk exposure and pricing strategies
- Focuses on maintaining relationships with new and existing client accounts to generate new business
- Updates brokers, re-insurers, and clients on the latest industry developments to drive usage of reinsurance actuarial services
What you will be rewarded with?
- Good work life balance with a competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits programs including: excellent pension contributions, private health insurance, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs
- 26 days’ holiday with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days per year
We will rely on you to:
- Work with Guy Carpenter broking, analytics and Global Strategic Advisory and with other MMC operating companies to maintain and develop existing client relationships and develop new business, both brokerage and advisory based.
- Coordinate with Broking, GSA and clients to ensure alignment on the context and scope of work, value of the work to the client, clarity of deliverables, timing, and priority.
- Communicate strategically with brokers, re-insurers, and clients to anticipate clients’ needs
- Manages client relationships, resolves complex or sensitive questions and challenges, and may guide team members in client interactions
- Advise on risk, growth, volatility based on client needs and industry trends to help clients mitigate risk.
- Performs actuarial reviews including peer reviews of work undertaken by others
- Responsible for directing and mentoring direct reports and junior staff
- Ability to contribute to talent recruitment and development
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Economics, Math, Statistics, or related field
- Qualified actuary
- Reinsurance experience in a number of lines of business in one or more areas of risk, pricing, reserving and capital.
- Able to work effectively in multi-disciplined teams
- Excellent communication skills and experience; verbal and written
- Track record of leading teams, managing complex technical and business issues, and attracting, maintaining, and developing talent
- Ability to lead client projects, making decisions as necessary
- Good skills in Microsoft Office suite, e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to develop good client relationships
What makes you stand out:
- Solid Aviation Experience although not a necessity
- Used to working alongside Brokers
- Technically strong with strong analytical skills
About Guy Carpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC is a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist with more than 3,100 professionals in over 60 offices around the world. Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, trusted strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help clients adapt to emerging opportunities and achieve profitable growth. Guy Carpenter is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The company’s 75,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading companies including Marsh, Mercer and Oliver Wyman. For more information, visit www.guycarp.com and follow Guy Carpenter on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive. Learn more about our foundational values, mission and vision for the future by reviewing our Greater Good Policy.