Senior Claims Technician
Location: London, United Kingdom
Company: Guy CarpenterJob ID R_071625-en Apply
Are you an Insurance or Reinsurance professional with experience and technical knowledge of either major or commercial lines of business? Do you have significant experience of working within a technical capacity for a Broker and/or Underwriter? Are you looking to apply the experience you have gained, within a role that’s truly progressive and offers full responsibility of a client portfolio? Do you aspire to work for a global business that works with clients of all sizes to define, design and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk? If you have answered yes to all of the above, then we may have the opportunity you’re looking for!
We are currently seeking experienced (senior) Insurance or Reinsurance professionals to join Guy Carpenter to work as part of a dedicated team of Reinsurance Technicians in London that support our client base through transactional processing, securing reinsurance recoveries and through timely and accurate system entry.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Manage an assigned client portfolio, taking full responsibility of technical duties relating to client accounts, premiums and claims. Also covering excess of loss and pro rata business or alternatively binder and facultative risks types.
- Assess and submit client and/or reinsurer presentation materials and communications
- Work with Market Fiduciary to assist with collection of funds
- Manage all brokerage receivables, funding, retention, e-trading, post booking receipt, ad hoc reporting requests, payment of funds and all management and transactional process steps
- Promote, build and maintain relationships with Brokers, Clients and Markets. Understand issues, resolve problems and queries and review working practices
- Participate in team meetings and activities to share opinions, ideas, knowledge and solutions
Skills & Qualifications
- Significant experience of working within a technical capacity for a Broker and/or Underwriter, either within the Insurance or Reinsurance sectors
- Successful management of workload; with an ability to manage expectations of all clients and stakeholders
- Able to engage, influence and negotiate with clients, market contacts and colleagues in a professional manner
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
About Guy Carpenter
Guy Carpenter is the world’s premier reinsurance intermediary and strategic advisor to leading insurance and reinsurance organizations, delivering integrated solutions through its industry-leading analytics and advisory services, highly specialized product knowledge and trading relationships with reinsurance markets around the world. Headquartered in New York City, Guy Carpenter has more than 2,300 employees in more than 50 locations worldwide. For more information about our company, please visit us at www.guycarp.com