Senior Compliance Officer
Location: London, United Kingdom
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_071170-en Apply
We are seeking an insurance compliance professional to be the primary interface in delivering effective oversight and advice, regarding compliance with policies, procedures, systems, controls and governance for Marsh UK
Responsibilities will include (amongst others):
- Overseeing successful implementation and execution of the business-facing-related elements of the Annual Compliance Plan
- Oversee adherence to regulatory reporting requirements of relevant Marsh businesses.
- Provision of technical advice to colleagues across the businesses, based on subject matter expertise and through liaison with other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Helping Marsh Group prepare for FCA ‘Deep Dive’ and Thematic visits (including document submissions and interviews and feedback for Senior Management).
- Provide the Advisory and Oversight Leaders with regular Compliance updates on topics as relevant arising from:
- compliance-related issues and/or incidents arising with the business
- findings, recommendations and management actions arising out of Compliance
- Attend where necessary business meetings and governance meetings
- Identify and share professional and regulatory risks to the business and work with the business to enhance controls as appropriate
- Contribute towards the implementation of business-facing-related elements of the Annual Compliance Plan
- Provide inputs into the annual compliance risk assessment process
Your skillset will include:
- Extensive experience operating in the Compliance department within insurance.
- An array of generalist compliance experience
- Broad knowledge of risk management practices
- Commercial awareness and focus on the application of regulation within the insurance broking and general insurance industry
- Proven track record of interfacing effectively with business colleagues at senior management level
- Experience in delivering compliance training to colleagues would be advantageous
- Proven track record in building strong and constructive relationships with business leaders
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Broad knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations
- Broad and deep knowledge and use of the FCA Handbook – Principles, Rules and Guidelines, etc
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: pension, health and welfare, tuition assistance, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.