Senior Group Development Consultant - Jelf
Location: London, United Kingdom
Secondary Locations: Cardiff,United Kingdom;Cheltenham,,United Kingdom;Chipping Sodbury,,United Kingdom;Oxford,,United Kingdom;Worthing,,United Kingdom;Bristol,,United Kingdom;Plymouth,,United Kingdom;Bath,,United Kingdom;New Plymouth,,New Zealand;
Company: MarshJob ID R_045647-en Apply
We have a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurial new business developer to help with the development of a New Business channel for Jelf within your region.
The strategy for Jelf is very much based around a growth agenda and this role will be at the forefront of that key driver for the business and will be instrumental in delivering our future growth.
This is the perfect role for an entrepreneurial, motivated and enthusiastic individual with a demonstrable track record of new business development. This opportunity offers an exciting challenge as we embark on our new growth strategy & significant career progression opportunities. The successful candidate will be required to work effectively with prospects to ensure they become new clients to Jelf. This role will span all business lines across Jelf and the successful candidate will become the “Trusted Business Adviser” for these new clients.
You will generate opportunities in various ways and will be supported through our own telesales capability and in house marketing expertise, and you’ll also have the chance to expand a number of our existing professional relationships. The successful candidate will be an excellent self-starter and will thrive in networking and other opportunity targeting environments.
Ultimately you will be responsible for building and enhancing the Jelf brand within the communities you serve.
Jelf is an established and growing business, with an excellent reputation both locally and nationally and this is your chance to join a great business playing a key part in our continued success.
- Work diligently to build a pipeline of quality prospective clients, and ensure these are effectively nurtured through to conversion
- Utilise your natural persistent and entrepreneurial nature to identify opportunities to generate new business across all business lines available through Jelf
- Become a “Trusted Business Adviser” to your prospects, ultimately turning them in to long term clients
- Ensure Jelf is represented within the region as a leading community advisory business by building an appropriate network of prospects, centres of influence and insurer contacts
- Demonstrate your self-motivated and hardworking nature to meet and exceed set income and quality targets
- Drive quality, consistency and accuracy in all aspects of the sales process
- Work collaboratively across Jelf to ensure new business is handled effectively
- Use your excellent communication and client handling abilities to ensure an outstanding client experience at all times
Skills & Experience
- A demonstrable track record in generating new business opportunities ultimately translating this into genuine business wins
- Hold an existing network of key business decision makers and have a passion for relationship building with new prospects
- A keen networker with the desire to build the Jelf brand within the community
- An entrepreneurial flair
- Ability to cover a large region, utilising your diary management skills to ensure you maximise your reach
- Strong team working ability in order to forge strong working relationships within the business, to meet defined goals and targets
- An eloquent speaker and keen presenter. Able to handle yourself in front of a Board table of decision makers
- Industry experience is not an essential requirement - some of our most successful people have come from industries outside of our own
We are Jelf – award winning experts in insurance, risk management and employee benefits for businesses and individuals.
Our deep knowledge of both the industry sectors and communities we serve means we can offer advice and solutions that meet our clients' needs today, anticipate what they need tomorrow, and help question if there’s an even better way.
Jelf recently joined forces with Bluefin, bringing together two leading insurance brokers and client advisory businesses. A newly transformed business built on decades of experience with the same purpose, dependability and commitment to excellent service.
We're also part of Marsh and McLennan Companies (MMC) – a global network of experts in risk, strategy and people. With roots dating back to 1871, MMC’s businesses have been helping clients prosper amid changing times, from the Industrial Revolution to the digital age.
Our strength is our expertise and the relationships we build – powerful industry insight and total commitment to our clients and the communities we serve across the UK. And our purpose is simple: To make a difference every day, by helping businesses and individuals thrive through understanding.
Jelf offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.