Senior Investment Consulting Analyst
Location: London, United Kingdom
Secondary Locations: Dublin,Ireland;
Company: MercerJob ID R_046576-en Apply
Globally, insurers hold assets worth more than c€13trillion, a combination of the long-term savings and pensions of individuals and the balance sheet assets supporting insurers’ liabilities and regulatory capital.
The Mercer Insurance Investment team has a mandate to grow our Advisory and Delegated Solutions business with insurers across the International Region. The goal is to ensure that Mercer’s efforts in this segment are well aligned to corporate and country strategies through a clearly articulated proposition, a focused solutions and product offering and co-ordinated sales activity alongside client service and relationship management. The strategy defines which markets are attractive to operate in, which insurers we work with and which products/solutions we offer. From this we align resources and coordinate activities across Mercer to offer these clients a scalable investment capability with which they can manage their asset and liability mix, manufacture, integrate or distribute funds, products and solutions to help them grow their business and to de-risk their legacy books.
To do this we leverage Delegated Solutions and Investment Consulting colleagues’ expertise alongside Mercer’s investment capabilities to create a dedicated insurance proposition. The aim is to differentiate ourselves through a strategic and technical understanding of the environment these clients operate in and to support them through first class relationship management, client service, strategic partnership and innovation.
As part of your role you will be responsible for the following:
- Play a key role in supporting Mercer’s business with insurance clients with the aim of retaining and increasing existing revenues and acquiring new business
- Supporting senior colleagues, operate as a key resource for a portfolio of insurance clients
- Develop/maintain a deep understanding of client needs and requirements
- Ensure excellent client service through accurate and timely reporting, record keeping and market intelligence acting as the primary contact point for technical queries
- Gain and maintain confidence of local distribution teams & support them in gaining access to key insurers to source new opportunities and supporting new business proposals, RFPs & RFIs
- Act as a credible representative of Mercer with clients’ senior personnel and decision makers
- Prepare for and attend client meetings presenting technical analysis, key issues and conclusions for clients
- Maintain and check technical accuracy, reasonableness of own work and others
- Provide input to team development & strategy
To be successfully considered for the role, you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Strong technical understanding of insurance investments
- Firm grasp of the underlying economic, investment and regulatory issues that determine insurers’ decision making
- Strong knowledge and understanding of risk modelling tools, outputs and conclusions
- Ability to understand and model insurers’ assets and liabilities and to understand the optimal asset strategies to meet clients’ objectives
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with ability to perform modelling, risk analysis, stress and scenario analysis on client products/portfolios
- Well informed on insurance industry themes (or willingness to learn)
- Strong problem solving skills & ability to clearly articulate complex issues
- Understanding of Mercer’s capabilities and key products spanning asset classes
- Team player and maintains a broad network
- Exhibit confidence to effectively orchestrate outcomes through other teams and specialist groups
- Progress towards Actuarial/CFA with specialization in investments or pensions
- Work within a team environment
- Share ideas and present persuasive arguments
- Administratively proficient and organised
- Ability and willingness to work to agreed deadlines, giving regular unsolicited progress reports
- Participate positively in team discussions
- Demonstrate commercial awareness
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer recognizes the need to balance work and personal commitment. At Mercer we believe all roles can flex. Please speak to us about all available working options.