Software Engineer - AEM Developer
Location: London, United Kingdom
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_094296-en Apply
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60+ cities across nearly 30 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies – www.oliverwyman.com
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer with AEM development experience to join our Technology Services team, based at our London Baker Street office.
Why Oliver Wyman?
Working as part of our global, entrepreneurial company, you’ll do meaningful work from day one. We’re looking for individuals who challenge the norm, and constantly strive to build something new for the firm and the world around us.
At Oliver Wyman, there's no "one size fits all." We hire exceptional people and help them thrive through a built-in support network, flexible career paths, and no artificial barriers to advancement.
We want you to bring your authentic self and enjoy working alongside diverse and down-to-earth colleagues who do serious work, but don't take themselves too seriously.
As Software Engineer (AEM) role, you will be responsible for execution of marketing technology initiatives, primarily focused on development and implementation tasks on the Adobe Experience Manager platform (AEM, formerly Adobe CQ).
You'll be translating and developing requirements from our Marketing team into technology specifications and solutions; you'll work in a dynamic environment and work on several projects in parallel.
- You'll collaborate with ITS and Marketing colleagues globally to support the development and execution of the firm’s marketing technology strategy and contribute to marketing technology development projects.
- Participating in the development, design, testing and deployment of solutions built on the Adobe Experience Manager platform.
- Resolving user-identified functional and technical issues on AEM platform.
- Building and managing day-to-day client relationships and requests, supporting a wide range of basic web development and content management activities.
- Partnering with content and design teams to build or enhance templates, components and functionalities to support marketing campaigns.
- Supporting internal users as a subject matter expert, recommending enhancements, best practices and new processes to optimize use and adoption of the platform
Who We Are Looking for:
- Most importantly, you'll be experienced in the development and deployment of AEM (6.x is essential)
Some additional Technical Skills that would be nice for you to have:
- Solid understanding of foundational AEM concepts, including templates, components, dialogs, widgets, workflows and DAM.
- Knowledge and experience with core AEM frameworks: Apache Sling, Apache Felix OSGI, and JCR API Suite.
- Agile development experience
- Experience with Sightly templating language.
- Experience building and managing AEM integrations with external products/services.
- Experience with continuous integration and automated testing tools, including Jenkins, Hudson, Maven.
- Ability to partner effectively with marketing colleagues and communicate technical information for non-technical audiences.
At Oliver Wyman we do not unlawfully discriminate against anyone and we are particularly mindful of the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 which prohibits discrimination based on nine protected characteristics namely: age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, sex, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity. Additionally, we pay close attention to work/life balance and family life, military status and personality types.