Structured Risk Broker
Location: London, United Kingdom
Secondary Locations: Dublin,Ireland;
Company: Guy CarpenterJob ID R_040847-en Apply
This role sits within the Structured Risk team and provides technical support on a full range of transactions. You will be responsible for supporting the business generation activities of the team to include, preparation and presentation of marketing materials, data management, solution structuring and responding to day-to-day client inquires.
- Liaise with the Guy Carpenter broker teams to market the Structured team's offering.
- Represent the structured team at client meetings in order to market structured solutions and generate live opportunities.
- Where appropriate opportunities are generated, create, maintain and manage a project plan in conjunction with the Structured team.
- In co-operation with the team leader construct and manage a deal team in order to generate appropriate solutions to meet clients’ needs. The deal team will provide the appropriate level of data analytics, structuring and have the ability to present its conclusions
- Support the broker teams in presenting the solution to clients, gain agreement to place.
- Support the broker teams in marketing and ultimately placing the agreed solution in the market.
- Builds and fosters strong and trusted relationship with clients and structured markets
- Experience in the structured reinsurance market is highly beneficial
- Undergraduate Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Post graduate qualification or membership of a relevant professional body is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining good client and internal relationships.
- Strong ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency, etc.
- Strong numerical skills with a good understanding of financial metrics
- Strong ability to be organized and pay attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills for using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong ability to maintain compliance with professional standards, where applicable, as well as company-wide quality initiatives.
- Strong ability to identify client needs and access and organize resources including senior management, to deliver solutions which meet or exceed client expectations.
- Strong ability to share information with other functional areas to enhance performance for the firm.
- Excellent client/consultative relationship skills.
- Strong oral & written communication/ presentation skills.
Guy Carpenter Overview:
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients’ most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.