Tenders / Bid Proposal Specialist - Public Sector Team
Location: London, United Kingdom
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_069131-en Apply
Oliver Wyman (www.oliverwyman.com) is a top-tier global management consulting firm that combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, organizational transformation, and leadership development. We have over 5000 employees worldwide across 60 offices and generated $2BN in revenues in 2018. We are part of the $50bn market cap Marsh McLennan Group (MMC). Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman: www.oliverwymangroup.com
This Tender/Bid Proposal Specialist is a new role within the fast-growing Public Sector area of Oliver Wyman’s business.
The purpose of the role is to help professionalise the proposal-writing process, including transferring learnings across the PSP practice across EMEA. The focus of the role initially will be on UK public sector tenders, but it will also support bids in other jurisdictions to which EU procurement regulation applies. This role reports jointly to the PS Knowledge Manager and the FS KM Team Manager. A high level of direct interaction is expected with the global Knowledge Management team as well as with the PSP Partners, managers and consultants on the operations side.
Oliver Wyman’s Public Sector practice works with leaders across all levels of government and in non-governmental and non-profit organizations to develop innovative solutions to complex challenges across EMEA. We bring commercial best practices and public sector acumen to support heads of state, ministers, heads of agencies and top officials with their greatest challenges, in areas such as strategy, regulation, digitisation, cost reduction and organization transformation. Our work spans the spectrum of policy, societal issues including economic development, cost management, administration of tax and benefits, financial crime, defence and security, workforce and top-level governance.
- Review tenders sourced from procurement portals and by Partners and provide first assessment of interest / no interest – including a first evaluation of scoring criteria vs. budget available and providing a first indication of likely range “price to win”
- Be point of contact for public sector clients on procurement portals with special focus on won frameworks and mini competitions (Q&A, extended deadlines, document requirements, marketing events, etc.
- Review opportunities that the firm agrees to pursue and support decision makers with a fact base on potentially relevant credentials worldwide and long list of partners with relevant expertise
- Plan the tender response process: working with designated principal / engagement manager and the relevant partner team, pulling together all necessary inputs from relevant departments; designing the tender response timeline; proposing allocation of responsibilities
- Support the tender response process: processing past tender feedback and drawing specific inputs for the tender at hand; tailoring credentials and CVs to the specific opportunity at hand; soliciting specific references when appropriate; preparing a first draft (cut and paste from previous submissions) for consultants to start from and indicate areas to focus on / how
- Post-submission feedback – go back to our submissions and improve them based on feedback received / adding pertinent comments so that the next time round we can have an even strong basis to start from, connect with KM to capture best IC to improve quality and efficiency on proposal
Other public sector proposals:
- Review agreed opportunities and support decision makers with a fact base on potentially relevant credentials worldwide and long list of partners with relevant expertise
- Support proposal writing: working with designated principal / EM and the relevant partner team, processing past feedback and drawing specific inputs for the proposal at hand; tailoring credentials and CVs to the specific opportunity at hand; soliciting specific references when appropriate; preparing a first draft (cut and paste from previous submissions) for consultants to start from and indicate areas to focus on / how; where relevant – drafting confidentiality arrangements, conflict of interest provisions, quality review processes sections and gathering specific input / steers from relevant departments - colleagues
- Post-submission solicit feedback from teams and with the feedback go back to our submission and improve as necessary so that the next time round we can have an even strong basis to start from
Who We Are Looking for:
- A Bids/Tenders/Proposals professional with a minimum of 3-5 years of the public sector procurement process,
- We are looking for someone who has either worked in public sector procurement, assessing professional service tenders, or in a role preparing public sector, professional service tenders for a management consultancy
- Deep understanding of what makes a successful public sector tender
In addition, you will be:
- A multitasker, disciplined in managing own time
- Someone looking to act as an internal advisor on bids and tenders preparation
- Fluency with strong written skills in English essential; knowledge of German and/or other European languages helpful
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel is expected
- Experience of using Knowledge Management systems will be highly advantageous